1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

problems withballistic specialties choke work

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by trapshoot50, Aug 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trapshoot50

trapshoot50 TS Member

I have done business with ballistic specialties a number of times and recently had their angle port choke tubes put in my remington 90t barrel.While shooting my usual one ounce number eights,the barrel split open right at the choke thread line.A new 90t barrel is around $1200 and they havn't even called me back about the problem.I shipped them the barrel a couple of weeks ago per their request and would think they would stand behind their work.What do you readers think?
    Jeff Fillmore Byron Il.

2. Mark425

Mark425 TS Member

Well... I would be calling non-stop at this point until I talked to someone and got some answers.

3. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

I know they stand behind their work- my guess is the problem was something else- was the choke tube damaged when you inserted it? did it blow out or bend ?

Why havent you called them? Maybe they are trying to resolve the issue if it was their fault

regards from Iowa

Gene

4. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

It will be interesting to see how they handle this. Best of Luck with them. Break-em all. Jeff

5. trapshoot50

trapshoot50 TS Member

Well, spoke with ballistic speciaties and they said what they would do is cut the aprox. two inches off my barrel, re-thread it and replace the choke that was in there and re-install the bead. So my 34in. ballel is now a 32 or less. They said it would take two weeks. Should I be satisfied with this?

Jeff in Byron

6. DENNISMASTROLIA1

DENNISMASTROLIA1 Active Member

Are barrels available for this gun? Was it a high rib? Keep us informed. If bbls are available they should obtain a new one for you.They have contacts in the shot gun world--probably more than you do.Someone will do them a " favor" and find one .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.