1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Problems with wired CVR`s

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Ljutic111, Apr 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

This may be of some help with others that have had intermitant problems with the wired voice callers in the past . This past weekend we had just that and it wasn`t with just one mic or one persons call . It varied across the 5 and some had multiple calls to get the bird to be thrown . I changed the box and all was fine . I then opened the top cover and found about a teaspoon of water in the control box . Why ?? because we had left the whole system outside after the last day of shooting and low and behold it had rained so the box got wet and malfuntioned . I dumped out the water and dried it in front of a fan for a few hours and that seemed to cure the problem . This is another reason why we don`t us the voice callers in rainy weather .

2. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

We put a garbage bag over them in wet weather. They are mounted on a cart vertically to minimize moisture intrusion. You can also grease the O ring with a dielectric grease.

When the circuit board gets wet, put it in an oven set on warm for a few hours.

We also found that condensation sometimes would be a problem taking them from a heated shop to colder temps outside. Not may problems with control boxes any more.

The circuit board is probably the best component in the whole system. The rest ofit is marginal quality and is where all the operational difficulties reside.

HM

3. Big Jack

Big Jack Well-Known Member

One of our members made hinged top wooden boxes to house the control boxes..all the wires route out thru a notch on one side. Protects the box from inadvert accidental shots & keeps it out of the weather.

Big Jack

4. bullet2

bullet2 TS Member

Do you have a number or website so i can contact them

5. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Make your own. A lot cheaper..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.