1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Problems with the TS website?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by PatMiles, Sep 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PatMiles

PatMiles Well-Known Member

Off and on I have been experiencing problems with the site. The latest is a situation where I am signed in and then do a refresh. I am sent back to the home page where I have to click on the forums bird. When I get to the forums page I am not signed in and then have to sign back in again. Nothing has changed as far as my computer and the other shooting related sites as well as any sight that I sign in to do not react this way,just Trapshooters. One possible connection is the fact that I have the automatic refresh box checked (30 seconds) on the settings page the site does not ever refresh automatically. Any ideas?

Pat

2. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Put the site in your favorites after you have logged in, and use that to get on. You should go right to the forum without logging in, that way.

HM

3. PatMiles

The forums website address is in my favorites. If I use it to go to the discussion forum it comes up as such. Once I am there and I try to refresh the page, because it will not refresh automatically, I get sent to the home page and have to click on the forums "bird" to get back to the discussion forum. Once I get there I am no longer signed in and have to sign in again. Not a complete PIA but this roundabout refresh is tiring. Up until a couple of weeks ago I didn't have to go through this malarky to do a refresh. The site would still not refresh automatically though.

Pat

4. PatMiles

Okay, now I can do a refresh without being sent to the home page but I am not logged in when the refresh completes. The website will still not automatically refresh though. Never a dull moment here.

Pat

5. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

When you want to refresh the page click on the box that says "show threads". HMB

6. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

Its been so long since I've had to log in I can't remembr if there is a "remember me" box to check so you don't have to log in all the time.

7. slayer

slayer Well-Known Member

What HMB said: use "show threads" for refresh. It won't move u back to login.

8. TC

TC TS Member

You have to allow "cookies" also,

9. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

It's most certainly your computer. The fellas above listed the most likely cause. Check to make sure your "cookies" is still enabled and after you log in, check the "remember me" box. As stated above, I can't remember the last time I logged in. I'll bet you inadvertently changed a setting or a recent update to your computer changed it for you. Also try deleting it from your favorites then log in and re-save it to your favorites. You never know.

10. PatMiles

I haven't changed anything on the computer. The other sites I visit all leave me logged in after a refresh. The "show threads" drill works and I stay logged in. TS seems to go off on tangents every once in a while with me but all is good now.
    Thanks for all the help gents.

Pat

11. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Maybe your cookie jar is full. My local Bank program fills up every once in a while and I have to delete them all otherwise it want's me to go through a security question every time. When I delete them, the first time I sign on TS.com, I'd better remember what my password is. Better luck to you.

Bob Falfa

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.