1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Problems with NOBEL LR-1 12 Gauge Shotshells?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by gold40, Apr 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gold40

gold40 Member

Problem with NOBEL 12 Gauge LR-1 Shells?

We have successfully used NOBEL shotshells for clay bird shooting for several years, with zero problems. It has been good ammo at a good price.

However, just recently 12 gauge LR-1's (1 oz. low recoil) have been separating the brass base from the plastic case when fired in semi-auto shotguns. Often the plastic case remains in the chamber, causing a failure to feed the next shell, and a malfunction. Is anyone else having this problem?

I looked on-line to see if there is an ammo RECALL, but found none.

I'm not "bad-mouthing" this product, but wonder if we got a bad batch of shells?

gold40

2. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

Shot over a dozen cases of the light shells in the last three months without seeing that. Shooting them out of a 1100.

Had such a problem with Remington Gun Clubs last year. About a handful of shells if I remember correctly.

3. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

contact the manufacturer with the lot # from the case.

4. red hammer

red hammer Member

They did have a recall on certain lot number I know some one sent back a pallet of 7 1/2

5. Taxidermy

Taxidermy Active Member

I have purchased 180 flats or LR1 AND NS27, shooting friday nite had a NS27 came apart in a K80 and plastic travled 3 inches down the inside the barrel. Used a cleaning rod to remove it. I can see how one can stick another shell in and blow a gun up, be carefull with these, I have heard of several in the last 3 weaks. thanks Ronnie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

nobel trap shotshells