1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Problems with MEC 9000, Station 1

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 870compman, Apr 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 870compman

870compman TS Member

I am having problems with my Mec 9000 station 1, (Resizing). The reloader pushes the shell base out when it ejects the primer.

This happened when I removed the "Wad Guide Rod" and reinstalled it.

I can't figure out how to adjust station 1 to correct this problem.

Sincerely,

Dale Wolff

2. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

The most common reason I have seen for that is that the hull is not dropping all the way down in the resizer. Is the wad guide fork aligned with the resizer tube? I'm going over to my shop to look at a 9000 and see if I get any idea's. Jackie B.

3. Mark425

Mark425 TS Member

That (what Jack said) or the depriming rod is set way too low. One way to check is to SLOWLY lower the handle until the primer just drops out. Mark where the top of the shell casing is on the deprime rod and make sure that when you pull/lower the handle that the rod goes no deeper into the shell case than your mark.

Mark

p.s. Check what the shell is dropping all the way down into the resizer 1st.

4. Aintlost

Aintlost Member

Make sure that the used primer tube is clear from hitting anything under the press.

5. rhett1977

rhett1977 Member

Just hit this link above and it will answer all your questions. Curly is a true Mec guru.
    Rhett

6. RoadKingPerazzi

RoadKingPerazzi Member

I agree with Rhett1977. Item # 4 on the link above is generally the solution:
    http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=227203 BUT ... this is a critical adjustment. If you have it too low, after resizing the shell will not be high enough and it will catch when auto indexing to the next station. It will possibly hang up or jerk and spill shot from station 3 or 4.

7. 525Shooter

525Shooter Member

My 9000 will do that to a shell if the sizing collet is really dirty or it has a piece of shot down in there. Cleaning the collet and re-lubing it usually does the trick for me.

8. Ajax

Ajax Well-Known Member

The elevator(the case rests on it in station number 1) sets in the middle of the fork on the bottom of the wad guide rod under the reloader. Make sure it's in the fork and not setting on the edge and make sure it's clean an dry. Do not use any oil or grease on the elevator! If the elevator is in the middle of the fork, adjust the nuts on the bottom on the rod guide rod until it works right.

Ajax

9. Lurefish

Lurefish Member

Your problem is on station #3, raise the wad fingers until they enter the shell only 1/8th inch with the press bottomed out.

Ken Jeffries

10. dhip

dhip Active Member

One thing I've had happen.If you've had a shot spill,if a piece of shot works it way over and goes in that station andlodges between what I call the fingers,it will do that.When I get that,I pull the tube and check fingers for shot or anything else that could interfere with operation.As above mentioned ,make sure it's clean and lubed

Doug H.

11. BudsterXT

BudsterXT Member

Here is how to fix it.

Click the link above

Kenny Uhlbeck

12. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

"This happened when I removed the "Wad Guide Rod" and reinstalled it." (Problem key!!)

Lurefish has your fix. If your resizer was as dirty as the one pictured in the shotgun world fix, it probably would blow most all your hulls out. Keeping it clean is also necessary!

Hap

13. 870compman

870compman TS Member

Thanks to all:

The problem was in station 3. The wad guide was hitting the top of the shell. I should have seen the problem.

Sincerely,

Dale Wolff

14. School Teacher

School Teacher Well-Known Member

15. clayman51

clayman51 Member

If it is something that just happened it is more than likely dirt or a piece of shot lodged in the bottom of the collet. That is the first thing I look for before making any kind of adjustment. They are good loaders but you have to keep them clean.

Dennis

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
mec 9000 adjusting shell resizer

mec 9000 reloader problems

mec 9000 reloader troubleshooting

mec 9000 troubleshooting

mec 9000g deprime troubleshooting
mec 9000g wont deprime
trouble shooting mec 9000 reloader
troubleshooting mec 9000 reloader