1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Problems with a Timney Release trigger for an 1100

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Squeal, Apr 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Squeal

Squeal Member

I have a Timney release trigger for an 1100 that keeps bending the carrier latch. It looks like when the action is opening, the top of the carrier latch rubs on the action bar assembly and is forced back against the trigger frame. Any ideas how do you fix it?

The trigger is fairly new, I found a dealer that still had new ones about 6 months ago.

Thanks

2. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

You probably should contact Stu Wright at Wright's Gunsmithing in Pickneyville, Illinois (link above). Stu bought all of Alan Timney's patents and parts and is servicing those triggers. He has one of mine for an 870 right now and told me that mine is the third different Timney trigger frame for 870s alone that he has discovered. Unfortunately, Allen Timney is no longer able to explain why he did some things and toward the end, some of his work was less than stellar but Stu can straighten them out.

Ed

3. Squeal

Squeal Member

Thanks Ed, I have contacted Stu, he gave me something to try, but it didnt work. I cannot send the trigger in because I dont have a back up. Can you recommend a good back up trigger like Spears or somebody. I need something fairly cheap. I love my Timney but every 500-1000 rounds I need to put in a new carrier latch.

4. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Has the hammer been replaced?

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

5. Squeal

Squeal Member

No the Hammer has not been changed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.