1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Problems with 2002 Krieghoff KX-5

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Sprkee, Sep 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sprkee

Sprkee Member

I`m looking at problems with the KX-5 ,if any or what to look for ,if I want to buy one .Thanks

2. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

First of all, KX-5s were not available until 2002. But both it and its predecessor, the KS-5, are pretty much unbreakable.

Ed

3. DecalDude

DecalDude Active Member

I just recently bought a very very nice KX5 and ran the first 25 I shot with it. I can only tell you that 50 shots no problem, I took it to an ATA local shoot shot 200 singles and 100 caps. When I left my shoulder was raw and I only had 1 25 that day.

I am keeping the gun and going to have the stock cut and a Gragoil adjustable LOP system added.

Has very nice feel to it very fast lock time and looks great, I just feel to bumps more then I used to.

Jerry Lewis

4. Rich C

Rich C TS Member

I have a beautiful 2004, broke the trigger in two pieces last month. Krieghoff warrantied it. I'd like to hear if this has happened to anyone else. No other problems. Gun is very solid and quality feeling. They seem to either kick or shoot soft, mine shoots very soft.

Rich

5. THE REBEL

THE REBEL TS Member

I have a ks5 made in 1985 i sent it to have a check up to krieghoff they said i had the old firring pin in it they put the new one in and did not charge
    me anything and i bought the gun use i have been shooting it for 10 years
    that is good server THE REBEL

6. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

Jerry,

Sell that beauty of a gun, and buy a gun that does not kick, or at least take that nice wood off and buy a stock that someone has already added the recoil system to it. There are plenty of them out there, just ask on this site for one in the for sale/wanted section. It will save you money in the long run. Also you may want to change your loads. It really can make a difference. Jon

7. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

The KS/KX-5 family seems to either shoot soft or kick hard, depending upon who you talk to. I had three KS-5s and a KX-5 and none seemed hard-kicking to me or my son but I did have a Graco LOP recoil reducer unit on my KX-5 so I could play around with stock length. I later had a Wenig stock made for it and was surprised that it kicked even less with that stock and no device.

That just supports the theory that gun fit is paramount to shooting comfort and I think the neutral Krieghoff stock just doesn't fit very many folks. They should offer right- and left-hand stocks like other gunmakers do.

Ed

8. Jack L. Smith

Jack L. Smith Member

Listen to Average Ed. I am a RH shooter. I bought a KX5 which kicked and I put in a recoil reducer and adjusted the stock which made it better. Then after 2.5 years, (with low & mod 90's average) I took the stock to Krieghoff at the suggestion of my local coach. Kreighoff said that the stock had a neutral or even slightly left cast.

Kreighoff bent the stock in late July and the gun fits even better, so I don't have to crawl the stock to get into the gun. It's more natural. I shot 100 straight aways to get everything centered. Then after the "bending", my next squaded scores were 23, 24, 24, 24, 20(opps), 25, 24, 24, 25, 25, 25, AND centered hits, better control.

Thanks to Don Baughman at Kriegoff and Norm Beaver for even suggesting this solution.

js in PA

9. Bucko43

Bucko43 Well-Known Member

I've been shooting a KX-5 almost exclusively for the past year and a half. It kicks pretty good, but I just wear t-shirts or shooting shirts with the padded shoulder. Not a problem now. I haven't had any problems yet with the gun, and I bought it used. The only thing I have heard from another KX-5 owner, is that he has broken the trigger shoe twice. That's it.

I ran my fist 100 straight during ATA competition one month ago, and shot a 98 this month. Have been between 91 and 94 on my handicaps for several months in a row. The gun is very dependable, and I would definitely buy another one if anything happened to this one.

Kevin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

krieghoff ks5 left hand

krieghoff kx-5 issues

mechanical problems krieghoff kx-5

when was a krieghoff ks5 first made