1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Problem with XT adjustable rib

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by slugbug1, Jun 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slugbug1

slugbug1 Member

When I attempt to raise or lower the POI, the middle of the rib where the two little allen head screws are, does not move. I even took the screws completely out, and the rib still wont move when you adjust up and down with the front wheel or back screw.You can forcibly move the rib up and down with your fingers, but where ever you put it, thats where it stays. Too tight. I wonder if when you tighten the two screws it has compressed the mount that the rib runs thru. Anyone else have this problem? Gary L.

2. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

Even when the screws are tight on mine you can move the middle of the rib with some effort. I came to the conclusion that would be better than being frozen tight or so loose that it changes the plane of the rib while you are shooting. I check mine every now and then to make sure the rib is flat from one end to the other.

3. hunter44

hunter44 Well-Known Member

Mine is exactly the same. I can move it but it's very tight.

4. 34model12

34model12 Member

Gary, Never had the problem you're describing but you are probly right about the center supports maybe pinched togather. But it's not really a problem as long as you move the center of the rib up or down till the rib is straight. You can "eye-ball" it or use a straight edge from the back to the front. Tom B.

5. flasch192

flasch192 Member

My cynergys the same way, just put a straight edge on the rib .......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.