1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

problem with WINCHESTER AA AMMO

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by smsnyder, Jul 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

i had 5 shotgun shells not go off today. New Winchester AA heavy target loads. My friend also purchased wincheser brass yesterday for his rifle. 10 cases had cracks in the necks. what's going on with winchester products?

2. 1Ljutic1

1Ljutic1 TS Member

I had a bad 12ga shell Tuesday night. The brass base was coming apart.

3. smartass

smartass TS Member

I heard they were putting that sorry Rex powder in Winchester ammo now. That's probably the problem.

4. 391 SL

391 SL Member

Buy Remington next time.

5. 1Ljutic1

1Ljutic1 TS Member

Mine were split before they went into the gun! Imagine if they went unoticed

6. jbmOU

jbmOU Member

This is why I buy and reload remington. Too many problems with winchester products lately.

7. Jornski

Jornski TS Member

I have just bought 1000 winchester wads and have loaded 750 and all 3 bags were short First was short 27 wads out of 250 21 wads out of 250 and 19 out of 250. The bags still had the factory seal That sucks

8. oz

oz Active Member

I stopped using winchester for reloads a long time ago. I had bought several cases of AA 20 gauge and many split on the first firing. no good to reload. STS's are the best to reload , better than remington handicaps also. In 12 years all my reloads have gone bang. 100,000, more? I don't know. oz

9. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

I've reloaded so many AA's and shot so many AA's I've lost count. Never had a problem or even one failure in a AA shell. I think your all full of crap!

10. FarmerD

FarmerD TS Member

Anonymass, your full of bull feces. RG

11. smartass

smartass TS Member

Blacky, my moronic friend, I thought that would get a rise out of you.

BTW, your grammar is bad. It should be you're, not your. You see, your is possessive while you're is a contraction of you + are. While I understand you're none too bright and that English isn't your first language, so I don't mind helping you out !!!!!!!! No charge.

12. GRR

GRR TS Member

I've had nothing but trouble with Win. AA, Red---they split at the crimp after the second reload, Dark Grey--- They split the full length after 4 reloads and after 5-6 reloads the base wad comes out and some times sticks in the barrel. Also the tube seperates from the brass and sticks in the barrel.

I have several thousands of each and I reload Red twice and Grey three times and toss. I buy all Remington now.......What a sweet reloading hull and they last a long time 10 times plus. My loads are 16.4 700X light recoil and great patterns.

Gary

13. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

I will gladly accept all of your once fired Win AA hulls for disposal. Anyone interested an email me at thequackshot at gmail dot com. I'll provide an address to ship them to, at your expense of course.

14. joshif

joshif TS Member

I hate Win. Ammo. I missed an Elk in Colo.at 1700 yd with my 300 WSM offhand with peep sights, The guide couldn't believe it. He said it's done daily there. And I missed 40 targets at the Ohio State Shoot in the main 16 yd Championship with SUPER target ammo no less!They were 1200 fps. My reloads are 1202fps. What junk! I'd have hit everything with my reloads! Remington is worst. 800 yd whitetail 192 lb. 3 pointer in Greene County Pa. and a 3 power LOOpold scope 45/70 Trapdoor and I missed! Emptyed the gun and I never reached the deer.Flat trajectory my Keester! In NY I shot at a 5 pointer with my 30-30 at 327 yds iron sights and the bullet stuck in the fur. This was Federal ammo! At 327 yd I'd have knocked him tail over tincup with my reloads(390 gr cast linotype)! Had to finish him with my .38 special 110 gr hp at 400+ yd! Again MY reloads!Gee, I wish factory ammo was as good as me!!!!Lmao!!!!!

15. phirel

phirel TS Member

I would recommend either Federal or Remington hulls to a new reloader. But, I have around 45 flats of new Winchester shells and around 20,000 once fired AA hulls so it looks like I will be reloading AA hulls for a long time. They seem to work reasonably well for me. I am surprised that the hull dyed gray works differently for some than the same hull dyed red.

Pat Ireland

16. Etiquette

Etiquette Member

Post after post of apparent problems with AA's. Is there some message here?

Go Remington.

17. b12

b12 Well-Known Member

Its no suprise to me about winchester or any other manufacture now days. I'm sure you people have all heard the term LEAN MANUFACTURING. We that is a polite word for CHEAP. Much of this stuff is being done outside the US with very little controls due to price and labor. The Largest manufactures know you will buy it or you don't cause you are not going to get it anywhere else. Rem. has gunclub loaded by RIO the latest I read.
    If anyone wanted to start a small Company to produce any of thes products the laws are so intense that most could not afford it or have the time to stay with it. This is what the large companies like. That keeps the little guy out. Its only going to get worse. When it comes to ecomomics ISO has nothing to do with it.

18. willing

willing Member

Could it be that those defective Win AAs are coming from the same place as the phony toothpaste. Shame on you spendthrifts.

Bill

19. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Write Winchester and send back the bad shells.

They don't like getting live ammo sent to them and normally want to send you an ORM-D sticker first. I'd simply drill a 1/4" hole in the side and let the powder drain out then send them. THEY NEED TO KNOW!

I can easily email you a scanned ORM-D sticker of theirs whereby you can print and paste it on the parcel when you send it back.

Regarding the wad shortages, I'd write and complain to their ammo division.

You can Google search to get the addresses.

Whiz

20. 1Ljutic1

1Ljutic1 TS Member

I used to reload many years ago. I used AA's only. Used to get about 15 reloadings out of my shells. Then I'd throw them away just due to fatigue. Some looked great still. Dont reload anymore, just use new. But, the new AA's seem to be junk. I think it's time to seitch. Maybe Remington? Steve

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.