1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Problem with trigger hand

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by DBax, Jan 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DBax

DBax TS Member

I was wondering if anyone else had this problem and any suggestions on how to fix it , or what causes it...

I have a BT-99 , my finger isn't in position to pull the trigger on time..my grip seems to be too far back when im not minding it.I have my elbow parallel to the ground , I take a big grip on the gun to get my finger deep in to the trigger area and that works ,but if i dont do that everytime it will cost me.. but why do i have to deal with this. I have big hands but my fingers aren't real long ... thanx in advance --- Dean

2. Bridger

Bridger Member

Dean, do you have the Monte Carlo stock? I am going through the same thing with my BT99. The straight comb is lower and fits me much better and that's what I wish I had on this gun. Unfortunately when I ordered the gun, I did not know the monte carlo and straight grip have different comb height dimensions. My hands are too big for the grip and the edge of my hand hits the front of the comb. I am going to take it to a local guy I have talked to who thinks he can make the adjustment I need.

3. phirel

phirel TS Member

Dean- You might try this to help with your short fingers. Shoot with gloves and put a small amount of Miracle Grow fertilizer in the tips of the glove fingers. If you notice any small roots emerging from your fingers, stop immediately. Let me know if this works. If not, I might be able to design a device to hang a 10 pound weight from your trigger finger and stretch it a little. As always, I do what I can to help other shooters.

Pat Ireland

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.