1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Problem with shooting gloves

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by skeeljc, Sep 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skeeljc

skeeljc Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Buy a pair of Gun Gloves. You will never buy anything else.

Jim Skeel

2. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

Get some rosin at a sporting goods store. It will also help your curve ball.

3. mike31z

mike31z Member

I buy mechanic gloves there about 12.00 a pair, I am on my 3rd pair. I got mine at Menards, I seen them at wally world.

4. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

I prefer a shooting glove with ultrasuede or imitation suede palm and trigger finger. If your leather glove is worn or hardened from sweat, then it needs to be treated or replaced - but supple leather should readily grip a clean butt stock...

Jay

5. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

Why wear gloves in the first place?

6. SMOKEIT

SMOKEIT Well-Known Member

Tried them all--The Gun Glove is the very best. Cost $34.50--last a long time. Many sizes for perfect fit....SMOKIT

7. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

Bowling lanes sell a product called "Pro-Grip". It's a thermoplastic powder that you sprinkle on the the gloves and then rub them together to heat the plastic and make it tacky. You can reactivate it several times by just rubbing. Also works real well on skin. Doesn't build up on gloves. Kay Ohye sells it be he wants a fortune for what you can buy at a lane for 1/4 the price.

If you can't find it just dampen the leather with water before you shoot.

MK

8. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

<blockquote><I>"Why wear gloves in the first place?"</i></blockquote>

Because YOU don't!

MK

9. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

Buy a pair of batting gloves at a Sporting Goods store.

Gene Batchelar
    Wheaton, IL

10. Calkidd

Calkidd Well-Known Member

I was looking at a set of golfing gloves. Those appear to be light enough to work. No?

11. tj303

tj303 Member

Wore out two pairs of 'Gun Gloves' very quickly. Now using wet weather golf gloves. I think they are by Foot Joy, bought at Dick's. The golf gloves have held up much better than "Gun Glove' and are cheaper too.

12. thunder

thunder Active Member

Had 3 pair of Gun Gloves and they were great feeling but at the price didn't last long. Went to the Browning glove and they were great at the price but now the sizing has changed. On the hunt again for a good glove. Going to try some golf gloves next.

Why wear gloves, because in the heat the guns get hot and also great for a nice solid grip.

13. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

Uncle Mike's and Cabelas have good leather gloves without the finger tips that I like. Good gription!

Use "Gun Gloves' in the winter... like them too.

Guy Babin

14. Force Break

Force Break TS Member

Go with the batting gloves or weight lifting gloves. For shooting they wear like iron and are not slippery.

15. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I wear batting gloves because if I didn't the guns I shoot wouldn't have any bluing left on them from the acidity in my body ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

16. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

another vote for the GUN GLOVE, note however that the sizing chart on the website might not print to scale....they include a ruler on the page, and it does not (at least on my computer ) print properly, I had to play around with the print size a bit to get it right.

17. 391 shooter

391 shooter Well-Known Member

WWW.bionicgloves.com

Model GMXL is what I use, get the light color. On my second pair in 5 years. They do not slip, fit tight and are very flexible.

"Why wear gloves in the first place?" (DOUBLES)tired of burning my hand and also when it is hot and hands sweat.

18. Indyrun

Indyrun Member

Try a pair of Zildjian drummer's gloves. They have a good grip and the thumb and palms are reinforced. The leather is soft and thin and the length just covers to the base of your thumb so the do not impair movement. Available at any good musical instrument store.

19. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

FootJoy synthetic leather golf gloves...

20. benniesdad

benniesdad TS Member

I have been using "cheapo" golf gloves for quite a while and they beat everything else I tried. Only time I dislike them is if it rains heavy. Then they go from tacky to slick. The ones I am currently using are the Etonic GSok All Weather gloves. I found them online in sets of three in both right and left hand. They normally hold up for about six months. Bought enough to last me for the next couple of years.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.