1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

problem with refrigerator ice machine can you help

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by need to shoot more, Jul 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. need to shoot more

need to shoot more Active Member

I have a Hotpoint referigerator with ice machine in the door, you can choose water, cubed or crushed ice. The problem is for the past two months you can even if you choose cubed ice only crushed comes out any suggestions?
    Thank You in advance.Jim Zimak

2. starshot2b

starshot2b TS Member

I can't suggest a fix for your problem. However, I can point you to a website that has been a lifesaver, more than once - repairclinic.com. Incredible and spot on help/advice/parts replacement. Just a thought until the "experts" come along!

3. need to shoot more

TTT for help!

4. starshot2b

starshot2b TS Member

Steve,

That site saved me from having my husband pull our dishwasher out and tear it apart recently! I went on this site, typed in my problem and found out we just needed to replace a hose. This site told us which hose it was, where it was connected and all that. Took my husband about 15 minutes to replace it. I've also purchased parts that you can't get anywhere else from them.

I like how its separated by appliance and broken down further by problems. They are fast with replies as well.

Granted, if you're not a "do it yourself" kinda person, this site isn't for you, but the information on this site is priceless.

5. need to shoot more

I do appreciate any info , and I did go to the web site and the directions were to find a liscensed repair tech, no direct info on my problem.Am I missing something?

6. starshot2b

starshot2b TS Member

I would suggest emailing the "repair guru" your problem. They are really good about replying. You will have to create a login, so they can email you back. They only send emails (I get them once in a blue moon) if you ask them to and they don't sell their email lists.

They may be able to tell you what's wrong and how to fix it or that yes, you'll need a tech. Can't hurt. Sorry you can't get a direct answer from their FAQ's/Repair section. It sure has helped us many times. Hope this helps some.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.