1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Problem with Perazzi TMX

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by becraft, Dec 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. becraft

becraft TS Member

My TMX sticks when opening it after firing. It will open a little bit then won't open all the way. I have to close it and try again. I think that maybe it is catching on the firing pin but the firing pin spring is not broken. It seems to hang up on any brand of shells. In a round of 25 maybe about 5 or 6 times. This is a 1996 gun but has less then 10,000 rounds. I clean it faithfully. It will not happen when dry firing on empty hulls. Any idea's.

2. Baber

Baber TS Member

There are a couple of possible explanations. First... The firing pin may be bad. Perazzi pins are two piece and they sometimes separate. Suggest you replace the pin. Is you trigger a leaf or coil? Could be a bad spring.... When it starts have you ever removed the trigger and see if the gun opens normally. If it does then you know the problem is in the trigger if not its in the receiver.

TB

3. becraft

becraft TS Member

TAbar I haven't taken the pin out. Just pushed it to see if the spring was ok. I'll try to take the firing pin out but I have never done this. I think it's a little pin I have to remove. Any thing here to watch for? I haven't tired to remove the trigger when it happens. By the time I get the trigger out it would probably open up. But I will try.

4. perazzitms

perazzitms TS Member

You most likely have a firing pin hanging up. Thing is, when you PUSH on the pin, it will seem OK. Try pulling and twisting a little. The Perazzi pins are 2-piece (hard center pin crimped inside a softer outer housing) design. Your crimp may have come loose, allowing the pin to float around. You may have a weak (most likely) or broken (unlikely) FP retract spring. Replace this also. You may also have the primer backing into the FP hole. If your breach face has a little crater around the FP hole, you may need to have it repaired. Try replacing the pin and spring first though.

To remove the pin, take the stock off, punch out the FP retaining pin from the side (it will look like it goes through the middle of the FP) and the FP comes out the back where the hammer hits it. Simple - and only takes about 40 seconds.

5. RunGunIPSC

RunGunIPSC TS Member

At the top of the breechface is a small pin that protrudes when the gun is opened. This pin does not retract as it should when the gun is opened,causing the shell to catch on the pin. It is dirty or the spring is broken,most likely dirty & crudded up. Take 1 or 2 drops,not more,of REM-OIL & put it on the pin & work the pin back & forth a dozen times. This should do it. I have exactly the same thing happen with my TM-1 & this ALWAYS solves it. The real cure is to dismantle the gun & clean that part but I sure ain't gonna take the gun apart. Tom Lobonc

6. becraft

becraft TS Member

Thanks for the ideas, I'll take out the pin and see what I find. Thanks to all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

how to remove a tmx perazzi trigger