1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Problem with MEC Reloader

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by TMX BOB, Jul 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TMX BOB

TMX BOB Member

Reloading Experts,

I recently received a 9000H reloader. The problem I am having is at the first station. The brass is getting dished out on the bottom when removing the spent primers. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance, B. Collins

2. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Raise the decapping rod. HMB

3. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Clean out between the slots and bottom in the resizing die. It has enough power to flatten a piece of shot to make it appear to be a powder flake!! Clean off the drop tube in case some oil is there also.

I use "canned air" and dental picks to clean the dies on both of my 9000Hs. I also have learned to clean it after a shot spill too!! Sorta like preventive maintenance? :)

Hap

4. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

All good remarks but if you continue to have problems, call MEC (1.800.797.4632) and they will talk you through any suggestions.....breakemall.....Bob Dodd

5. TMX BOB

TMX BOB Member

Thank you all for your suggestions. As you are all probably aware just getting used to the hydraulic reloader there has been some spills of powder and shot. I suspect my problem is related to housekeeping as you suggested.

Thanks Again, Bob Collins

6. blkcloud

blkcloud Active Member

Do what Hap says!!

7. twoatloweight

twoatloweight Member

Add to Hap's suggestion:a dental pic makes removal of dropped/smashed shot caught in the collet pretty easy.

8. BELGIBOY

BELGIBOY TS Member

I just got mine set up and had exactly the same issue. Canned air did it for me. And yes, I had a lot of spills too before I got it all figured out so I keep a hand vacuum cleaner close too.

9. SevenMaryThree

SevenMaryThree Member

http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=227203

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.