1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Problem with GunBroker

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by d endicott, Aug 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. d endicott

d endicott Member

Have a problem with gun broker and with a seller.
    1. the gun I bought, the listing said no rust...it had rust all over the barrel
    2. the listing said no dent or dings...big ding in the vent rib
    3. The choke tube that it came with was stuck( rusted I would think) in the barrel it would have taken a gun smith to remove it.

So I get hold of the seller she does not want to take it back,and will not refund my money. I get hold of Gun broker they say she does not have to refund the money until I return the gun. Ok I return the gun with a delivery conformation #on it. She has had the gun for 17 days and still no money. So I email her and ask wheres my money. Her reply I will have to resale the gun before I can return your money. I personally think Gun Broker is as flaky as this seller. I have done many sale though them an never a problem. I have a 100% rating with them as a seller, and never a problem. Should I file charges against the seller for gun theft or being in possesion of a stole firearm....she has had 8 negs. on her feedback.... your thoughts. Thanks

2. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

In my opinion eight negatives is enough to throw up a red flag. How many positives does she have?

GneJ

3. d endicott

d endicott Member

1000 positives + -

4. 1oldtimer

1oldtimer TS Member

Hippie, You would deal with a person who has 8 negatives? Not me! Clyde

5. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

I wonder if the ATF would be of any help? I'm sure that a little longer conversation and mention that might get you some speedier results.

Gunbroker is just like ebay. All they are interested in is getting their fee's. All else is between the buyer and seller.

ss

6. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

ATF has no legal precedent to do anything. The actual transfer of the firearm was legal and complete, per federal and state regulations, so as far as they(ATF) are concerned, it's a beef between you and the seller....and small claims court if you wish to pursue legal means.

I avoid any seller with any negative feedback or no feedback, no matter if it is a "deal of the century" or not, unless I can see the gun in person,otherwise I stick with sellers with a vetted history of only positive feedback.

7. napawino

napawino TS Supporters TS Supporters

I would have checked out the negative feedbacks befoe placing a bid. Not all negative feedbacks are the sellers fault.
    Fred

8. trapshooteraa27aa

trapshooteraa27aa Well-Known Member

Call the sheriff where she lives and have them have a chat with her. Might not do anything but when the law is involved it usually changes the attitude. Ive done it before with gunbroker and ebay. Both times it has worked.
    Chris

9. Sportshot

Sportshot Active Member

how much $ was the gun? Just curious, ... getting it back and cleaning up the cosmetic issues, then resell it yourself,... beats a $-0- in the bank. Has it been relisted on GB yet, give us a link...

10. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

I frequent GunBroker.com and have had one slightly negative experience and that one wasn't traumatic. A gun needed $68 worth of repairs and the seller paid half.

If the seller's photos don't show the gun as being 100%, I ask for others. If none are forthcoming, I don't bid and tell the seller so. That way, if my request fell through an honest crack, they know why their gun isn't drawing bids. I've actually found more guns to be better than the seller's description and photos indicate.

Ed

11. 87AA

87AA TS Member

So she sells the gun to you for X dollars. You send it back but she won't refund your money until she again sells the gun for X dollars. And then it happens again...

I think she just found out a way to ensure that she always has X number of dollars in her pocket.

12. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

What would you do if she dropped dead. Get your $$$ ASAP.

Phil Berkowitz

13. d endicott

d endicott Member

it was 500+ for the gun and shipping. It has not been relisted yet, but is going to in 15 days.

14. capulona

capulona TS Member

Please post her ID so we don't accidentally deal with her. I buy a lot of stuff from GB

15. d endicott

d endicott Member

Locust Fork...in Remlap, AL

16. rollnblock

rollnblock Member

go to the general discussion forums. she posts there a lot. might get some help from some of the boys there.

17. PULL PULL

PULL PULL Member

Contact the local law enforcement where she lives. Then get in your car and pay her a visit. Stand outside her home with a big poster - this person misrepresented a gun traction. At the least that is what I would do.Yes I would.

18. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

You sent her the gun without her paying you for it? Did she even agree to take it back? Did she send the gun to you without payment first?

There are scammers but there are far more people selling guns that don't know anything about them, it's up to the buyer to ask the right questions, get the answers, ask for the right pictures, make a decision and take the chance or not. It is always taking a chance.

19. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

Don't shoot the messenger because you don't like the message.

20. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

I have no horse in this race, but I did look at Gun Broker and 'Locust Fork' has over 1600 A/A+ ratings.

For eight negatives, all but two seem plausible per her rebuttal.

I take from what I read that this person sees things one way - hers. If you agree with her you are 'the bee's knees' if not well you are in for a fight (as I recall I have an ex-wife much like that...).

I agree that asking you to wait until she re-sells the gun is wrong, but now that you have returned it to her why not go back to Gun Broker? their claim is to be 'safe' and to protect the buyer - hold them to it.

http://www.gunbroker.com/User/HowToBuy.aspx#isItSafe

http://www.gunbroker.com/User/BuyerProtection.aspx

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

gunbroker locust fork

locust fork gunbroker
locust fork guns remlap alabama
locust fork on gunbroker
locust fork remlap alabama guns