1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Problem with BT-99?? ADVICE

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by poacherjoe, Jun 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. poacherjoe

poacherjoe Well-Known Member

I have a problem with my BT-99,Recently at a shoot I noticed that after I shot and tried to break open the gun, It felt like it was glued together! Normally it opens with ease,What could the problem be???It shouldn't take so much force to open the gun!PJ

2. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Joe. I shoot one. Two things. your firing pin could be hanging up and/or you are having rust issues in your receiver r3egion. Remove the stock and inspect. common for BT99s to be all rusted up when yo uget the stock off. I cleaned the rust thouroughly form mine and lubed the interior with RIG. No longer commerially available, but should be a lot of substitute products in grease form to use.

Usually these problems are firing pins not receding back in the recvr and caused by hang up rust or broken.weak return springs.

3. over the hill

over the hill Active Member

Make sure you grease the forend where it mates to the receiver.

The one I had had metal transfer because of a lack of lubrication.

My neighbor bought one almost new in the box and it was showing signs of transfer of metal.

Regards....Gerald

4. poacherjoe

OK next question?This is a newer model BT with the adjustable comb,How do you take the stock off? I have fired over 10,000 rounds thru this gun and have never taken the stock off to clean it!

5. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

poacherjoe---With all do respect, if you are unsure on how to take the stock off i'm not sure you should be doing this yourself.----Matt

6. Rem870TB

Rem870TB Active Member

I think the reason for the question is due to the design of the stock with the adjustable comb.

Due to the "hardware" for the adjustment system, a typical wrench or screwdriver isn't an option.

On mine, you have to take the comb off, then use the 5 mm allen wrench, that came with the gun, to get on the stock bolt. The allen wrench they provide with the gun is 9 1/2" long, it needs to be to reach the stock bolt, nothing else will reach on the adjustable comb stock.

7. poacherjoe

Thanks Rem870TB. I had a good idea of how to do it I just wanted some first hand advice so I wouldn't screw anything up!I shot 200 rds today with no problems.PJ

8. Rem870TB

Rem870TB Active Member

"I shot 200 rds today with no problems."

Thats good.

I wish my new BT-99, with less than 7,000 rounds through it was trouble-free :(

I like the BT but I think I got an Monday morning ot Friday afternoon gun.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

problem with bt 99