1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Problem with Browning Camo

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by slowdp, Jan 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slowdp

slowdp TS Member

A Browning O/U with Mossy Oak Camo has been in the safe for several years. It was only used a few times. It is now very sticky. What should be used to get the sticky off and not injure the Mossy Oak?

2. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

Maybe this applies...?

From this Browning web page (directly above the video window):<blockquote><I>The Duck Blind finish is ideal for the marsh, and that would include flooded timber, cattails, reeds, open water, jump shooting and even hunkering down against a dike among the rocks and gravel. This a light gun to carry long distances if you have to ride a bike or walk to the hunting site. It features all of the deluxe, hunter-friendly components of any Maxus model, including Invector-Plus tubes and the Lightning Trigger System. This is the gun for waterfowling, upland game or even sport shooting. The Mossy Oak Duckblind camo finish is coated with Dura-Tough Armor Coating. If you pick the shotgun up, it feels a tad sticky. Where you place your hands is pretty much where they want to stay. Not that iit is a tacky feel, but just a very sure feel. It makes the gun easier to pick up, handle, shoulder and fire. It aids in packing the gun and lessens your worries of any cosmetic damages. It provides a true outdoor-element shedding tool with a superior gripping surface. You know you already trust the action and the workings on the inside, now trust the rugged camo-finished Maxus shotguns on the outside.</I></blockquote>

Keller

3. slowdp

slowdp TS Member

Thank you Unknown1. No - this thing is very sticky. It feels like molasses has been poured on it. The skin on your hand will actually stick to it. I tired Mossy Oaks and Browning but did not get an answer from either of them.

4. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

It sounds to me like some sort of cleaner or protectant you may have used prior to storing the gun might have reacted with the camo finish and is breaking it down? Is this what is happening maybe?

5. slowdp

slowdp TS Member

I never wiped the gun with anything but a clean, dry cloth. There is nothing to rust on the outside of the gun.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

browning camo what is

browning dura touch problems

browning dura touch sticky

browning gold hunter camo problems
camouflage browning citori
how to clean a camo stock on a shotgun if it gets sticky

how to clean armor coating on browning shotguns

issues with coating on browning gold hunter shotguns