1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Problem with ATA member search function

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Border Bandit, Apr 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Border Bandit

Border Bandit Well-Known Member

Maybe it's me; but I can't access data from the "orange box" in the shooter information section of the ATA website. If I type in a name it comes up with "Invalid Login" under the ATA member number & password boxes. I can fill those boxes correctly, and log in, then try the search, and it still won't work. I called the proper number several days ago, and left a message, but it still doesn't work. Maybe the problem's on my end, and I'm asking/wondering if someone would check to see if it works for them. Thanks in advance.

best.....mike

2. buster's mom

buster's mom Member

Mike I was having the same trouble. Talked to a gal at the ATA and she told me prior to typing in the name, #, etc. go to the tools function on your computer, and hit the compatibility views settings. Evidentally there have been some changes to that page, and that corrected it for me. Hope you find this helpful and it works for you too.

3. Border Bandit

WOO-HOO! It worked! Hopefully it helped some other folks who are/were having the same problem. Thanks mom.

***SMOOCH***

4. buster's mom

buster's mom Member

I'm so glad it worked for you Mike. You are welcome.

5. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

"Maybe it's me; but I can't access data from the "orange box" in the shooter information section of the ATA website."

Try the link above to eliminate the need to go to the ATA website. The link takes you directly to the shooter information center. No need for a login or a password.

Bob Lawless

6. Border Bandit

Bob, the problem, as Buster's mom elucidated, was caused by settings in the "tools" tab, due to changes in the program at/by the website. The problem was NOT that I had trouble logging in, or how to get TO the information center; but in the "search for a member" box. For instance: if I wanted to see if someone like, oh, let's say, um, Gary Bryant, for instance, has registered any targets in the last few years, or where he falls in the All American standings, I failed in the endeavor, unless the needed change was made in the tools/compatibility box. Logging in with my # and password ain't gonna tell me squat about the good doctor without the necessary change(s), since, sometimes, inquiring minds may want to know about such things.

all the best.....mike

7. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

I am sorry but you said,

"Maybe it's me; but I can't access data from the "orange box" in the shooter information section of the ATA website."

The only place I can find an "orange box" is on the ATA website which is a different web address than the ATA web address is a different address than the SIC address.

You weren't having any problems accessing other sites so I thought that it might eliminate the problem. No problem I won't bother again.

Bob Lawless

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.