1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Problem with a Citori Trap

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Stl Flyn, Apr 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

I have a Citori Trap that the cocking lever in the bottom of the receiver is stuck about halfway up. If you push the top lever to the side and try and hook the barrels to the receiver, the barrel lug will not go all the way down into the receiver, because the cocking lever is stuck halfway up. Anyone have an idea why this is? Jon

2. Jim Porter

Jim Porter Well-Known Member

Not sure but it sounds like there may be something in the action that is holding the lever out of position. Take the stock off and give it a look. There is nothing in there that will jump out or dislocate. The action is pretty simple. I think you will easily see if there is a problem.
    I have a XT that has about 130,000 through it and have had no problems. They are solid guns.

3. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Look for a piece of shot, it may be partially flattened in the reciever, or something where the Bbl assy comes down on the rails.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

4. Borchardt

Borchardt Member

I have an XT, love it, having no problems. Wondering if unsingle barrels can be found.

5. Stl Flyn

Thanks for the responses.

6. Borchardt

Borchardt Member

Can the unsingle barrel that I find be made to fit my gun properly? Are the dimensional differences, action to action, so great as to make fitting a "found" barrel insurmountable?

7. Stl Flyn

I believe the XT comes in a unsingle combo, so finding an unsingle XT barrel is possible. Fitting it should not be much of a problem, if it is for the XT receiver, but may be required.

8. Primedust

Primedust TS Member

I had the same thing once. I fiddled with the lever inside the reciever and got it to go down and then everything works fine again. Key is when you clean the gun don't move the lever.

Primedust.

9. Patrick Haskins

Patrick Haskins Member

I had a single from an early version Citori trap fit to my Ultra XT and it worked great. The forearm lug had to be relocated, but that was easy and cheap. I sold the gun as a combo, but told the new owner what I had done. If the barrel doesn't fit to begin with, it may need fitting by a pro.
    Pat

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

citori bottom lever stuck