1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Problem with 687 Beretta combo

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by gingerdutch, Dec 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gingerdutch

gingerdutch TS Member

Purchased a new 687 combo in May of 07 I am new to the sport of trapshooting so I have only been shooting 16 yards and handicap. This year though I feel that I will be able to get into doubles. Went to the range with my O/U to set it up so it would have the same POI as my single barrel. I set it using Neil's method,16yards,bench rest etc. The lower barrel shoots about 2 inchec below the top one. Does anyone know someone at Beretta that I can speak with that would help me fix this or am I out of luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Michael

2. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

The email address of Beretta USA's product repair manager is above. I'm sure Rick will help you with this condition.

Ed

3. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

Let us know how it went after you've talked to Beretta about the problem Michael, I hate to sound cynical but I suspect Beretta's answer will be that it's within their factory tolerances?

John C. Saubak

4. KENENT1

KENENT1 Active Member

I bought a new unsingle barrel from Beretta, it shot 6" to he left and they are going to replace it with a new one...4 month lead time.

tony

5. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

I have a Joel Etchen Combo. I have no problem. Unsingle is set up to shoot the same as the double barrel. Both Barrels on the O/U shoot the same. Nice gun. I'm glade I got it.

6. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

I've test-fired and set up three of Joel's 687 combos, one top single and two unsingles. None of them had any POI problems.

Ed

7. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

If you are going to use the gun for doubles it would be good if the first barrel shot a high POI and the second barrel shot a flat POI. If you can shoot he top barrel for the first shot and the bottom barrel for the second shot you might find it perfect for doubles. HMB

8. JohnR

JohnR Active Member

I think you do not have a problem. I am not positive but I do not think the barrels of any double barrel whether they be SxS or over under will converge at only 13 to 16 yards. Someone help me here but I think convergence does not occur untill the 30 to 40 yard range.
    John

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

replacement double barrel for joel etchen 687