1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Problem with 366 powder slide

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by OregonDon, Jul 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OregonDon

OregonDon TS Member

I have removed the charge bar from my 366 to change bushing. I can't recall how to reinstall the powder slide. Could anyone tell me how to do this? Thanks, Don.

2. brent375hh

brent375hh TS Member

The slide fits in the recess at the front. The tab to move it goes to the right, and you will find it easier if you line up one of the detents with the detent spring. Hold it in place while you slide in the bar. Done.

3. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

What Brent said plus I find it easier to try getting the powder shut off slide in the recess with the slide in the 'powder on' position. Also, the next time you want to do a bushing change out, Turn the charge assembly upside down with the powder shut off in the off position. Hold the shut off slide in place as you pull the charge bar out (keep holding the powder slide), swap the bushings and slide the charge bar back in. You can even do this with components in the tubes. You might want to have and extra set of hands the first time you try this because it does challenge your dexterity.

4. skeeljc

skeeljc Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Here is what the spring and powder shut-off are supposed to look like.

Jim Skeel

[​IMG]

5. semperfi909

semperfi909 Well-Known Member

It is a PITA and make sure you don't bend the slider because you can never make it flat enough to work right again and you can have some real problems.

Don't ask me how I know this.

Charlie

6. BunkerGuy

BunkerGuy TS Member

FYI: Hornady has quietly come out with a new manual. Here's the link:

http://www.hornady.com/assets/files/manuals-current/shotshell-reloading/366_loader.pdf

- - Bill

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.