1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Problem with 3200

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by poacherjoe, Nov 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. poacherjoe

poacherjoe Well-Known Member

I have had a problem with the lower firing pin not hitting the primer enough to fire the load on 1 in 50 rounds.I only have this problem when using the cheddite primers.The cheddites work well in my browning's and berreta's.Also after shooting doubles you notice the firing pin doesn't go deep into the primer like the upper barrel's firing pin.When I shoot factory ammo it never fails.I have read post's that referd to the hardness of the cheddite primer has creating this problem.Will new spring's and pin's solve the problem or should I switch to a different primer?PJ

2. ou.3200

ou.3200 Well-Known Member

I suspect a problem with the spring and/or firing pin. I had a similar problem with my 3200. The firing pin was broken into two pieces inside the block but still functioned most of the time. A new pin fixed it.

3. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

I would second a check of the Pin and Springs. My 3200 never had trouble with Cheddite primers, but a friend's did. His lower pin was in two pieces and the springs were weak. You may also have an issue with the way and depth the primers are seated to.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.