1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

problem viewing threads

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by skeet_man, Feb 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Normally, when I view a thread, it'll turn from blue to purple, letting me know I already looked at, then when something new is added to the thread, it turns back to blue. Now all the threads i'm looking at stay purple after i view them, so I can't tell if anything new has been written w/ out opening the thread. This also used to help me determine what was new since the last time I was here.

Anyone else experiencing this, and is there a possible fix?

2. Fast Oil

Fast Oil TS Member

3. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

I have the same concern and must relate it to David's latest adjustment that we tested and was said to save considerable operations by the server or speed things up. If anything it seems slower opening threads and it's very troublesome for me not knowing where to start checking threads based on where I ended at the last visit.....breakemall....Bob Dodd

4. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

I have the same problem. Ed

5. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Me too, I've tried both the "no frames and frames" version and it still won't refresh like the old method did. Possibly has something to do with "tabbed browsing" feature? Hap

6. butch's90t

butch's90t Member

I agree with y'all. I used to be able to click on the first thread and it would turn purple. I could read down to the next purple and know that I've read all the threads and any new posts to a thread. Now, because I'm getting old, I have to guess where to end my threads. Probably missing something very important but usually stop after about 4 page ups. HarryC

7. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

David, Thanks for the fix. Jeff

8. david

david Member

Sorry about that my bad. I fixed it. I happened to remove a little coding that I thought was useless, but had a function after all.

David

9. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Thanks David!! I removed the hex my squaw put in place also, now you can break more of those 100s! :) Hap

10. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

thanks!

11. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

He DA MAN, eh?

12. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

I have just tried to construct 2 new threads in the past 10 minutes. All I get when trying to view it is some kind of "error message". Don't know what happened. Ed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.