1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Problem seeing the target happened to me.

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dr.Longshot, Sep 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

I ran out of my Eye vitamins for a week and gave it no concern, scores went down. Bought a new bottle of Occuvite by Bausch and Lamb, took 2 capsules when I got home , Sunday afternoon at the shoot I cleaned house, broke more targets and won shoot offs again.

Meijer Opti-Vitamins is exactly the same as the more expensive Ocuvite and a lot cheaper, I checked the ingredients.

I talked about this before on a previous thread of using eye vitamins, believe me they work. All shooters should use them, especially us older shooters.

If you have gone in a slump, get some soon.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

2. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

I ran out of my Eye vitamins for a week and gave it no concern, scores went down. Bought a new bottle of Occuvite by Bausch and Lamb, took 2 capsules when I got home , Sunday afternoon at the shoot I cleaned house, broke more targets and won shoot offs again.

Meijer Opti-Vitamins is exactly the same as the more expensive Ocuvite and a lot cheaper, I checked the ingredients.

I talked about this before on a previous thread of using eye vitamins, believe me they work. All shooters should use them, especially us older shooters.

If you have gone in a slump, get some soon.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

3. Texshooter

Texshooter Member

I use Bluebonnet's Eye Antioxidant Formula. It includes Chromium Picolinate that stabilizes blood suger and Bilberry that lowers eye pressure. AJ

4. Texshooter

Texshooter Member

I use Bluebonnet's Eye Antioxidant Formula. It includes Chromium Picolinate that stabilizes blood suger and Bilberry that lowers eye pressure. AJ

5. Rick in Ohio

Rick in Ohio Member

I take a vitamin for my eyes called "Maxi-Vision Whole Body Formula". They are a little costly but my eye doctor tells me they are the best on the market.

I take 4 capsules every day for 8 years now and when I run low and drop back to 2 a day I can see the change.

The vitamins run about $49 bucks for 120 capsules.

Here is the website where you can buy them if you like to try a bottle:

www.medop.com

6. Rick in Ohio

Rick in Ohio Member

I take a vitamin for my eyes called "Maxi-Vision Whole Body Formula". They are a little costly but my eye doctor tells me they are the best on the market.

I take 4 capsules every day for 8 years now and when I run low and drop back to 2 a day I can see the change.

The vitamins run about $49 bucks for 120 capsules.

Here is the website where you can buy them if you like to try a bottle:

www.medop.com

7. 391 shooter

391 shooter Well-Known Member

8. 391 shooter

391 shooter Well-Known Member

9. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

10. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

11. Calkidd

Calkidd Well-Known Member

Sounds like you need some professional training with the Kuhner2..

12. Calkidd

Calkidd Well-Known Member

Sounds like you need some professional training with the Kuhner2..

13. pigkiller

pigkiller Member

Interesting post--it inspired me to take my vitamins again. In researching the vitamins listed above, I came across Optimum Nutrition Opti-Men Multivatamins in Amazon. These are high-performance supplements tailored for athletes. I was so impressed by the reviews that I ordered some.

14. pigkiller

pigkiller Member

Interesting post--it inspired me to take my vitamins again. In researching the vitamins listed above, I came across Optimum Nutrition Opti-Men Multivatamins in Amazon. These are high-performance supplements tailored for athletes. I was so impressed by the reviews that I ordered some.

15. Shooting Sailor

Shooting Sailor Well-Known Member

If you are interested in vitamins, you need to get a copy of "Nutrisearch Comparative Guide to Nutritional Supplements - Consumer Edition" by Lyle MacWilliams, MSc, FP. This book compares over 1600 products currently available in the USA and Canada, and is abridged in part from from the Nutrisearch Comparative Guide to Nutritional Supplements, 4th (Professional) Edition. The products were studied by examining single products and combination products, measuring purity, content, and bio-avilability, as well as manufacturing quality. It is a truly amazing book, written by a scientist, but easily understood by laymen. The research is explained, with study limitations listed, instructions are given on interpreting the graphs, and how the products were qualified is explained. It will surprise you to find out how little use some of the big name supplements are to you. The book shows the results of the research, rates the products as to the health support profile, and gives star ratings to the best, with 5 stars being the top. There is an alphabetical listing of products with a star rating as well. If you are a regular user of supplements, or are considering it, this book is a must read. If you wish to receive more information, send me a PM, and I will get back to you as quick as I can.

16. Shooting Sailor

Shooting Sailor Well-Known Member

If you are interested in vitamins, you need to get a copy of "Nutrisearch Comparative Guide to Nutritional Supplements - Consumer Edition" by Lyle MacWilliams, MSc, FP. This book compares over 1600 products currently available in the USA and Canada, and is abridged in part from from the Nutrisearch Comparative Guide to Nutritional Supplements, 4th (Professional) Edition. The products were studied by examining single products and combination products, measuring purity, content, and bio-avilability, as well as manufacturing quality. It is a truly amazing book, written by a scientist, but easily understood by laymen. The research is explained, with study limitations listed, instructions are given on interpreting the graphs, and how the products were qualified is explained. It will surprise you to find out how little use some of the big name supplements are to you. The book shows the results of the research, rates the products as to the health support profile, and gives star ratings to the best, with 5 stars being the top. There is an alphabetical listing of products with a star rating as well. If you are a regular user of supplements, or are considering it, this book is a must read. If you wish to receive more information, send me a PM, and I will get back to you as quick as I can.

17. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

What are the ingredients of some of the good supplements? HMB

18. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

What are the ingredients of some of the good supplements? HMB

19. VNVET

VNVET Member

My question is for those that are taking these vitamin supplements, Have you been diagnosed with macular degeneration or some other eye disease? Has your Dr. suggested you take them? I frequently see "vision pills" advertised in magazines with broad claims of improving your sports vision, but never knew anyone who took them. Some of the vitamins suggested in this thread, after reviewing their websites, are not recommended for reasonably healthy eyes.

I'm 69 and wear glasses but my vision is no more deteriorated than what would be considered normal for my age, and have never been diagnosed with MD. I do take blood thinner and BP medicine. My scores at trap have gone down the last couple of years and I'm certain it's due to the way I see the target. I've talked with my Optometrist about blood flow to the eyes and how it may be affecting my vision and the subject came up about vision vitamins. He did not recommend them for me. Eye exersize.....maybe!

Maybe I should get a second opinion.

20. VNVET

VNVET Member

My question is for those that are taking these vitamin supplements, Have you been diagnosed with macular degeneration or some other eye disease? Has your Dr. suggested you take them? I frequently see "vision pills" advertised in magazines with broad claims of improving your sports vision, but never knew anyone who took them. Some of the vitamins suggested in this thread, after reviewing their websites, are not recommended for reasonably healthy eyes.

I'm 69 and wear glasses but my vision is no more deteriorated than what would be considered normal for my age, and have never been diagnosed with MD. I do take blood thinner and BP medicine. My scores at trap have gone down the last couple of years and I'm certain it's due to the way I see the target. I've talked with my Optometrist about blood flow to the eyes and how it may be affecting my vision and the subject came up about vision vitamins. He did not recommend them for me. Eye exersize.....maybe!

Maybe I should get a second opinion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.