1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Problem firing 682

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by darkside, Aug 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darkside

darkside Member

Hello; I bought a top single to make a combo with my O/U barrel.The top single fits in the receiver and the forearm locks up. I even hear the lugs snap in place when closed.The lever is very right, I do not know if this is something to be concerned about.However the problem is the trigger will not work.I know the gun is cocked by using the O/U, but still the trigger will not work. Any help would appreciated. Curt

2. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Did you change the trigger select from I to II

Phil Berkowitz

3. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

4. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

When the top lever is very right does it disengage the trigger? HMB

5. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Take the stock off and see whats going on. Make sure you have the right barrel selected like Phil suggested.

6. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Ok --Darkside- please tell us it was a brain fart--I've made tons of them

Phil Berkowitz

7. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

If your gun was refitted with a step up locking bolt at some point due to wear and the new single barrel has little wear then you will probably have to do some fitting to get the locking bolt to drop into the new barrel properly. Given your description of the problem I would advise having a qualified gunsmith do this work.

8. beaker100

beaker100 Member

hi darkside, on newer 682 series guns there is a disconnector in the reciever that will not allow the gun to fire if it open. the reciever must be closed to pull the trigger.

if your new barrel is not fit to that reciever the top lever might be really far to the right and the disconnector thinks the gun is still open even whenn the barrel is closed.

if you have the buttstock off look just under the top strap on the inside of the reciever and the disconnector is there. put the o/u bbls on and look at the way the disconnector works with the back of the locking bolt. then put the single bbl on and look again at the relationship of the locking bolt to the disconnector.

the proper way to fit this bbl to the reciever is to disassemble the reciever, put the bbl on and using the reciever as a guide the reamer travels thru the holes for the locking bolt and cuts the bbl where the locking bolt locks the gun closed. this then allows the locking bolt to travel slightly farther into the bbl and then the disconnector will pass the back of the locking bolt allowing the gun to fire. doug hubbart gunsmith. jd28hd@aol.com (573)286-9905

9. darkside

darkside Member

Thanks HMB and Breaker100 I assumed that the lever had a go or no go point for engaging the firing mechanism. I used the O/U to fine that point, but wanted to hear from some fellow shooters before I passed a point of no return. Timing is a little slow on throwing out the spent shell, but not bad enough to mess with. Thanks for all the helpful info.
    Curt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.