1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Problem/ Factory Caesar Guerini Release Triggers

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Doug Mc, Sep 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doug Mc

Doug Mc TS Member

I have CG Trap Combo with a factory installed Double Release Trigger ... the Release parts are CG factory mfg. parts ... installed in Maryland by the CG Dist. ... so none of this was done by Joe Gunsmith aftermarket ... I contacted CG Maryland to see if they could tune the Trigger ... I wanted the Trigger slowed down because it was to fast for me to handle ...I wanted to have CG parts so their wouldn't be future issues with CG Dist. ... they assured me they could do the work ... so off it went back to them ... when I got it back they had the set pressure so hard in the first barrel I could barely set it ... they hadn't done a thing with the second barrel ... I am not a weak ... after a little discussion ... two calls ... second call required the head gunsmith ... I wasn't getting anywhere with the first call ... they agreed to pick it up ... I paid the postage up and back and for a service call ... first time ... when I got the gun back second time ... still Bad ... they had reduced the set pressure but the trigger wasn't any better ... still hard ... still fast ... second barrel still the same ... my question is this ... have any of my fellow Trap Shooters had any issues with them with Trigger work ... it is apparent to me they can put in the parts but don't know much more than that ... anybody had a Release put in there CG guns that they are happy with that they have requested a slow trigger ... who did the work ? THX Doug

2. Doug Mc

Doug Mc TS Member

I have CG Trap Combo with a factory installed Double Release Trigger ... the Release parts are CG factory mfg. parts ... installed in Maryland by the CG Dist. ... so none of this was done by Joe Gunsmith aftermarket ... I contacted CG Maryland to see if they could tune the Trigger ... I wanted the Trigger slowed down because it was to fast for me to handle ...I wanted to have CG parts so their wouldn't be future issues with CG Dist. ... they assured me they could do the work ... so off it went back to them ... when I got it back they had the set pressure so hard in the first barrel I could barely set it ... they hadn't done a thing with the second barrel ... I am not a weak ... after a little discussion ... two calls ... second call required the head gunsmith ... I wasn't getting anywhere with the first call ... they agreed to pick it up ... I paid the postage up and back and for a service call ... first time ... when I got the gun back second time ... still Bad ... they had reduced the set pressure but the trigger wasn't any better ... still hard ... still fast ... second barrel still the same ... my question is this ... have any of my fellow Trap Shooters had any issues with them with Trigger work ... it is apparent to me they can put in the parts but don't know much more than that ... anybody had a Release put in there CG guns that they are happy with that they have requested a slow trigger ... who did the work ? THX Doug

3. chipking

chipking TS Member

I have 2 CGs with factory releases and am very happy with them. I did have one problem with my Maxum (actually my fault) and it was handled very fast and at no additional charge. When I got the Maxum on trade it was set up as a release/pull which drove me nuts ( I admire you folks that have enough coordination to shoot with a release / pull but it sure ain't me). So me being a tight ass I sent just the receiver to CG to have it set to release/release. Work was done and the receiver was back in a week. Checked the triggers and both set at ~56oz and released at ~25. Put the gun back together and the top barrel would not set. Took it apart and all worked as it should. A quick call to Brian and they arranged to have the entire gun shipped back to them (on their nickel), fixed the stock interference problem and shipped it back to me in less than 2 weeks (again no charge).

As for slowing down the release I found that both were just right for me as they came so I never tried to have that done.

I have watched these guys in action several times and I can assure you that they are far from being just part changers. They have my complete trust and will be the folks that work on my CGs for as long as I shoot them.

--- Chip King ---

4. chipking

chipking TS Member

I have 2 CGs with factory releases and am very happy with them. I did have one problem with my Maxum (actually my fault) and it was handled very fast and at no additional charge. When I got the Maxum on trade it was set up as a release/pull which drove me nuts ( I admire you folks that have enough coordination to shoot with a release / pull but it sure ain't me). So me being a tight ass I sent just the receiver to CG to have it set to release/release. Work was done and the receiver was back in a week. Checked the triggers and both set at ~56oz and released at ~25. Put the gun back together and the top barrel would not set. Took it apart and all worked as it should. A quick call to Brian and they arranged to have the entire gun shipped back to them (on their nickel), fixed the stock interference problem and shipped it back to me in less than 2 weeks (again no charge).

As for slowing down the release I found that both were just right for me as they came so I never tried to have that done.

I have watched these guys in action several times and I can assure you that they are far from being just part changers. They have my complete trust and will be the folks that work on my CGs for as long as I shoot them.

--- Chip King ---

5. maltzahn

maltzahn Active Member

My CGgun double release is a little slow and it took several thousand rounds to get used to it. They have been very reliable and have not changed in set or release.

With about 20K or more through the gun in 2 years. Those are good results. I have a good opinion of the trigger mech and work. Not sure which smithy originally set this gun up, but it was a new - never fired gun when I put the releases in. Have not listened to other CGun release shooters complain either.

Maybe our expectations were less demanding. Then again, maybe an independend trigger smithy can tweek the CG design. My experience has been good. Not wanting to make any changes at this point in time.

Maltz

6. maltzahn

maltzahn Active Member

My CGgun double release is a little slow and it took several thousand rounds to get used to it. They have been very reliable and have not changed in set or release.

With about 20K or more through the gun in 2 years. Those are good results. I have a good opinion of the trigger mech and work. Not sure which smithy originally set this gun up, but it was a new - never fired gun when I put the releases in. Have not listened to other CGun release shooters complain either.

Maybe our expectations were less demanding. Then again, maybe an independend trigger smithy can tweek the CG design. My experience has been good. Not wanting to make any changes at this point in time.

Maltz

7. Doug Mc

Doug Mc TS Member

My experience with them up to this point has been fine ... I believe they can handle the normal change the part put in a new one ... most good gunsmiths can do that ... but when you call them and ask if they can do a specific job and they say yes ... I would expect them to do it ... they are the people selling and distributing CG's in this country ... I payed for their service if wasn't free ... they sent me back a gun that didn't work ... how did it get out of there building like that ? ... second time up and back ... still not fixed ... I am not the only person that has had problems with there work ... fella that shoots at my club had one of there high dollar sporting guns ... stock cracked in the pistol grip ... he sent it in ... came back pinned ... and all scratched up ... instead of just replacing the stock they did a patch job and not a very good one ... so if you have the regular stuff they can do fine ... I think they out grew their ability to do good work ... hired young gunsmiths without the experience to handle stuff like tuning a trigger ... don't tell people you can do something that you can't handle to save face

8. Doug Mc

Doug Mc TS Member

My experience with them up to this point has been fine ... I believe they can handle the normal change the part put in a new one ... most good gunsmiths can do that ... but when you call them and ask if they can do a specific job and they say yes ... I would expect them to do it ... they are the people selling and distributing CG's in this country ... I payed for their service if wasn't free ... they sent me back a gun that didn't work ... how did it get out of there building like that ? ... second time up and back ... still not fixed ... I am not the only person that has had problems with there work ... fella that shoots at my club had one of there high dollar sporting guns ... stock cracked in the pistol grip ... he sent it in ... came back pinned ... and all scratched up ... instead of just replacing the stock they did a patch job and not a very good one ... so if you have the regular stuff they can do fine ... I think they out grew their ability to do good work ... hired young gunsmiths without the experience to handle stuff like tuning a trigger ... don't tell people you can do something that you can't handle to save face

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.