1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Problem Closing TMX

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by TMX BOB, Aug 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TMX BOB

TMX BOB Member

All,

I was shooting over the weekend and all of a sudden I couldn't close my TMX. Do any of you have any suggestions of what I should do to first or what type of repair might be needed. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Bob Collins

2. jbbor

jbbor Active Member

Look under the extractor where it closes against the mono block. Look closely for debris smashed so flat they are hard to see. Jimmy Borum

3. TMX BOB

TMX BOB Member

Thanks Jimmy I'll check that out when I get home. It seemed pretty far from being closed when a lot of resistance was felt. I really had to struggle to get it to where it still has a ways to go before latching.

Thanks Bob

4. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

I think the gun is shot out and you should sell it to me for $500. LOL, Bulge.

5. TMX BOB

TMX BOB Member

Barrelbulge if you would have been there when it locked up you stood a pretty good chance getting it for that.lol

6. TMX BOB

TMX BOB Member

I went home and really looked for anything around the ejectors and the monoblock. All I found was the back side of a primer. I have removed it and it seems to working fine now. Although it seems a little stiff cocking the gun, might be all in my head. Thank you all for your advise and suggestions. It was helpful confirming what was actually wrong.

Bob Collins

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.