1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Problem Changing Safe Lock Battery

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by cementman, Nov 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cementman

cementman Member

Have a Canon with a Kara keypad lock. Electronic lock pad battery needs changing and instructions say to push in bottom on the bottom and remove to the left. Found the button on the bottom but imposible to push in order to move the pad to the left. Anyone experience this problem or have an idea how to remove the keypad??

2. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

One you get it off, you may find two batteries. Take one out; replace it, Take the other one out; replace it. In other words, keep one or the other hooked up all the time.

Neil

3. Haskins Bill

Haskins Bill TS Member

Might they mean turn the keypad to the left ,as in unscrew it while pushing in on the button. Maybe using a small tool to push the button in. I have a Cannon safe with a LaGard lock and it removes by sliding it straight up and off the two screws and the instructions say it has a built in memory so the combination is saved when you change out the nine volt battery. Hope this is of some help. Bill

4. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

My former safe was a Cannon with what sounds like the same lock as yours. The button on the bottom of its lock pushed a little stiffly but always released the lock without a problem. You may want to call Cannon Monday as sometimes a different lock winds up on the safe than what was intended. I say that because the manual for my current Liberty safe states that the lock contains one 9-volt battery but it in fact has two. I had a problem with it early-on due to an extrememly minor locking rod misadjustment. The customer service person at Liberty first suggested replacing the battery and was surprised and almost argumentative when I told him it had two batteries.

Ed

5. cementman

cementman Member

Thanks all, problem solved and battery changed. As mentioned above I tried to push the button and turn to left as to unscrew. Misunderstood directions, just had to apply pressure to button and pull off from the side.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
cannon safe with kara electronic key pad
how to change kara digital lock batt
how to reprogram a kara keypad lock
kara digital lock

kara electronic gun safe lock

kara electronic lock issues
kara electronic locks
kara keypad lock