1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Problem at the NC State Shoot

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by phirel, Jun 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. phirel

phirel TS Member

I had a great time at the NC State shoot. I shot with the same good squad every event and we shot some nice scores and won a few trophies. The problem was that during the five days, I only briefly talked with one new inexperienced shooter. Many others were present but I elected to hang out with my friends rather than making an effort to make the new shooters feel welcome. Some new shooters did not know how to find their banks. I visited with my friends. Some new shooters did not that we were shooting 50 targets on one field and then moved to the next field. I talked with my Zone Vice President and a former many times All American about nothing important. One new shooter was asking if he needed full "3 dram loads" for singles. I could have helped him but I was busy with a former ATA president and had to play with the dog of a member of the Central Handicap Committee. I am ashamed I did not do a better job making the new shooters feel welcome. I will try to do a better job next week.

Pat Ireland

2. Bvr Tail

Bvr Tail Well-Known Member

Thanks Pat, you're a real stand-up guy, and this should serve as a lesson to us all.

Danny

3. dedpair

dedpair Active Member

Well Pat you should be ashamed, don't you know anything about Southern hospitality? We sent an emissary from the North to quell the rebellion, and he hasn't been heard from? Perhaps he scared off all the new shooters with his amazing grasp of PA Dutch. They got confused and thought the North had actually won the war and fled to South Carolina. In the future, please be more aware of your status as "liason to all things Southern" and take care of all them there new shooters, and don't run them off with any more tales of the "Kentucky Sandbaggers". Hell thats been running off even the most experienced of shooters for years now. Until we meet again, all my best!!

Jeff G

4. lumper

lumper TS Member

I think the bait has been thrown upon the waters.

Time to see who takes the bait.

5. nomderf

nomderf TS Member

We need an appropriate caption for this picture! Pat looks like he has either seen something or said something of importance!

38-01615

6. nomderf

nomderf TS Member

^

38-01615

7. Bvr Tail

Bvr Tail Well-Known Member

-----Caption-----

"Hey guys, watch me pour this diet coke on my pants and make people think I need to change my 'Depends'"

Maybe not!?!

Danny

8. lumper

lumper TS Member

"NO! I dont care how good a skeet shooter you say you are, you aint getting my shirt to make yourself a skirt!"

9. lumper

lumper TS Member

or how about ...

"NO, your to old to get 1/2 price targets."

10. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

Hey Pat, I came down to say hello and introduce myself on Sunday morning in the rain, but you were just getting ready to go and shoot and I didn't want to distract you....I guess I should have!- Frank C.

11. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

"What the Hell was that" ...? Did you cut one ..? WPT ... (YAC) ...

12. zoro514u

zoro514u TS Member

Well ,
    Yes im a new shooter ,no i dont know you old timers . Yes i wanted to meet some of you , but most were to busy with your buddies , and telling old stories that meant nothing to us newbies , but what really hurt and made my innocent opinion
    of the NCTA go way down was when i ask P............. well just forget it . No sense in muddying the water even more........ and making the (experts feel bad). I lied to Sherry(wife) and told her how welcome everyone was making me feel . I may try one more shoot sometime , But the main point i want to make clear is that Im B>S. ing yall !!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH ! I had a Ball
    I was the fat dude in the golfcart ! And everyone i got to meet was kind and helpful , and even answered my stupid questions. No i didnt shoot well , but im learning.
    Scott Royster

13. lumper

lumper TS Member

Scott ... that was you?

14. zoro514u

zoro514u TS Member

Alais !!!!!

Yes twaz Me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. lumper

lumper TS Member

Well ... good gracious if I had known you had a golf cart I would have been there and asked ya for a ride. ;-)))

16. panthers314

panthers314 TS Member

I saw you Scott Friday, your cart was full, carrying your famous coach and that trophy..........................no room for anybody else.........

panther....gastonia guy

17. zoro514u

zoro514u TS Member

Well yes , and since i was trying to make new friends i wuz only charging 5 bucks for rides ..............

18. lumper

lumper TS Member

Dang ... I would have paid $10 if I was there.

19. zoro514u

zoro514u TS Member

Oh yes Mmmmmmmmmmmmm. I did win one class didnt I . Well anyone can have a couple good days. I wuz lucky . And Dad he sits and looks at that trophy all day long. Hes 85 now , cant shoot but maybe one round sometimes . But ill carry him around to the shoots and Put that K gun in his hands as long as i can still breathe. ZHe very special ... If i could just keep him out of Hooters
    Scott

20. phirel

phirel TS Member

I am the one wearing the more or less pink shirt. Jim Mitchell, many time All American is the one my talking put to sleep. The fine looking gentleman on my left is John Hiter. John is a one time All American and current member of the EC.

Pat (pink) Ireland

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.