1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Pro Tips Ideas??

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by perazziuser, Oct 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. perazziuser

perazziuser Active Member

It's that time again!

Jim Scouten and Shooting USA are coming to the United States Army Marksmanship Unit at Fort Benning, Georgia for another round of "Pro Tips" in October.

What do YOU want to see?

I don't have a list in front of me but what we have done in the past can be found on their website.

http://www.shootingusa.com/PRO_TIPS/USAMU/usamu.html

Jeff Holguin
    USAMU Shotgun
    2008 Olympian

2. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Thanks Jeff!!

By the time you guys are selected for the Army's program, you've already proven your abilities with a shotgun. Possibly, gun fit questions and answers with the importance of that to stay into the gun for more than one shot is on the agenda? That alone would be mighty beneficial to most shooters! Thanks my friend!

Hap

3. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Much has been said over the years about "sustained leads". When we watch top shooters it appears that there has been insufficient time to actually do that. What is it you see in a regular trap target situation? Be it doubles, or singles, what is the sight picture that tells you to pull the trigger. And too, as we begin to see the head and gun mounted cameras showing what actually happens, what do your videos show you and will you share those?

I shoot a release moving thru the target as a rule. Mostly when I do see a sustained lead it looks good, but I am in fact past the target and miss or break the front side. (due respect to Neil).

I have other questions, but will post those later.

Thanks a lot. Jack Swanson, WI

4. JACK

Explain why your face is so far forward and the butt so far down on your shoulder. I can guess, but your explanation has more value.

Jack Swanson, WI

5. perazziuser

Thanks for the feedback, guys.

Are there anymore out there? Be sure to sign your name if you want to be credited by either one of us or most likely Jim Scouten following the "Pro Tip."

Jeff Holguin

6. JACK

Would you (once and for eternity) explain why follow thru is NOT Keeping the gun in motion after the shot has exited the bbl.?

7. perazziuser

Is that a trick question, Jack?

8. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Jeff, How long did you shoot your gun before you were really comfortable with it?

9. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Here's my deep, philosophical trapshooting question:

If a man shoots a shotgun in a forest, and Phil Kiner is not there to see it, DID HE STILL CROSSFIRE?

Oh come on, it's just a joke! I know full well that Phil is an absolute trapshooting GOD, but I dare to think he has a sense of humor!

Forgive me, Phil.

Respectfully,

Gary

10. Claymuncher

Claymuncher Member

The tips for rifle and handgun are interesting also, great stuff.

CM

11. perazziuser

Setterman,

I am on my second MX2005, but when I switched it didn't take long because it is not much different from my first. 2-3000 targets I was feeling pretty good with it.

I bet that changing companies would take twice that many targets. Just my opinion because I have only shot Perazzi since my Sub Junior days (Thanks Dad!)

Jeff Holguin

12. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Thanks for the response Jeff. I've found a good doubles set up can take a while.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.