1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Pro Sport barrels, a question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by andybull, Dec 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. andybull

andybull Active Member

I am looking to buy a set of Pro Sport barrels in order to try to shoot sporting clays with. I've never held one, or seen one close up. I also understand that there are at least two versions of the adjustable part of the rib.

What size is the factory bore?

Any comments pro or con regarding the system used, which system you prefer and pictures, would be greatly appreciated.

Have a happy New Year!

Thanks,

Andy

2. andybull

andybull Active Member

3. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

You're also going to need a new stock or to jack your comb up somewhere b/w 3/8 and 1/2".

4. andybull

andybull Active Member

I've got stocks (and always looking). My main question is which rib adjustment system is preferred (if you had your choice) and wha't the average bore diameter that comes in these barrels?

5. skydweller97

skydweller97 Member

I have one of each and actually prefer the older wedge system. The wheel creates more mess out at the end of the barrel to catch your eye and can come loose easy.

6. andybull

andybull Active Member

I think that it would be easier to see the wheel in the Pro Sport barrel than an unsingle, since the Pro Sport wheel is closer to the sighting plane on the rib.

7. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

Go with the wedge for sure. My bore is .735 as is a friends if that means anything.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.