1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Pro Soft-Phil Sims

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Texas Clays, Aug 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Texas Clays

Texas Clays Member

Can anyone help me in finding Phil Sims (Pro-Soft) phone number and any thoughts on the difference between Pro-Soft and Stock-Lock products, Thanks

2. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

(970) 523-9566 is his shop, cant help with the other because I have not seen or used one of either but I do have a stock and forearm he made and he does great work

3. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

TC,

I believe that Tom Strunk has a Pro-Soft on his gun and has been shooting it for quite a while. You may want to PM him and ask how it is holding up. I know that he always remarks highly of the stock and says it has kept him in the game.

I have seen examples of Phil Simm's work over the years and have been impressed since day one.

ss

4. Tom Strunk

Tom Strunk Well-Known Member

Just noticed this thread.

I have the second ProSoft stock Phil built. Phil and I go back 30 years as friends, so I got a prototype stock. I will tell everyone that this stock is fantasic, zero problems of any kind.

He has updated mine, as the screws that held the rear portion of the stock to the front were on the side of the pistol grip originally, now there is only one screw and it is in the front of the pistol grip.

He has a masterpiece here, almost no maintance, hell even a caveman can maintain it. A lot of my friends have purchased Phil's ProSoft stock, and there has not been one problem with any of them. As trapshooters we don't need a high maintainance system. Phil's system, in my opinion is without equal in durabilty and operation, it's so smooth.

Years back I blew out a disk in my back, when you combine that with my soon to be 75 year age, I know his ProSoft stock lets me still be competitive.

If anyone has questions for me I will be glad to answer them, just PM me with your phone number and I'll be glad to help you.

Tom Strunk

5. Ray Collins

Ray Collins Active Member

How does it perform with doubles? Does it recover fast enough to shoot the second bird?

Doc

6. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Quicker than you can pull the trigger!

ss

7. Ray Collins

Short Shucker, is your response based on vicarious or direct experience?

Doc

8. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Direct experience. I have pulled the trigger on a gun equipped with one just for this very reason. The stock shape didn't fit me very good so it wouldn't be very prudent of me to comment on much of anything else. I knew this when I shot at the 10pr of doubles with the gun. I was very impressed with the recovery time of the stock.

ss

9. Ray Collins

Thanks SS, empirical data rules!

Doc

10. Tom Strunk

Phil has found that there are a few that don't like a stock that moves for doubles. I am one of them.

Phil has a simple two screw system that when ordered as an extra cost option, will lock the stock. I am not positive but I think he charges $50.00 extra for this feature.

Tom Strunk

2011 Arizona State, senior vet. doubles champ

11. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Good shootin' Tom!

ss

12. roofcutter1

roofcutter1 TS Member

roofcutter1_2009_031227.jpg
    Some of Phil"s work!! I have a Prosoft on my MX3 special and my silver seitz there aint anything better!!!The fastest doub. shooter I have ever seen tried mine, and he said with that stock, the second bird was almost automatic!! Bob Murray

13. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

number 2 man at the grand this year was shooting his. Scot Gens

14. Tom Strunk

Talked on the phone to Bob Murray about Phil Simms. He is in Ohio at the Cardinal Classic, delivering stocks and taking orders from people is had appointments with. Expect him back at his shop in Colorado next Wednesday at the latest.

We will be squading together for the Autumn Grand in Tucson, Arizona. You can see him and Nate there if you like.

Tom Strunk

15. mette56

mette56 Well-Known Member

Tom,

Congrats on that super win, my friend.

Proves good guys DO finish first!

milt

16. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Anybody shooting one with a double release?

17. Riverrunt

Riverrunt Member

Recurvarcher,

I shoot a Kolar T/A with a Prosoft with double release. Have not had any issues with the recovery time in the stock affecting the double release trigger at all. If you have a specific question about the stock feel free to ask and I will answer as best I can.

John Harden

18. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Thanks...I was worried about the recoil bounce setting off the trigger on the second shot (the trigger bouncing off of my finger and firing the gun...feels like doubling). I have been thinking about a Pro Soft.

19. Trapduster

Trapduster Member

Devi i shoot a perazzi mx10 with a precision double release with no problems at all on doubles with a pro soft Larry

20. 33ZIGZAG

33ZIGZAG TS Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.