1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Pro soft or Stock lock

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by gene303, Feb 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gene303

gene303 Member

This may have been discussed before i searched the threads and could not find it. I was looking for pros and cons of both stocks from people that own and shoot them thanks in advance William

2. Riverrunt

Riverrunt Member

Gene

I have used both systems and currently am shooting a ProSoft on a Kolar T/A. Both are good systems however, I believe that the ProSoft is a much better system. It is very adjustable and requires very little to no maintenance. I have used mine for a full season now with no issues at all. I shoot with two other guys who also have them and they are also very happy with their units. All three of us went to Simms shop and had the stock's custom made to fit us. He does an excellent job with the fitting and his finish on the stocks is first rate. I would recommend making the trip to be fitted to anyone considering having one made. Feel free to contact me at my email if you have any specific questions about the system. Heres a pic of the one I had made.
    John Harden

riverrunt_2008_03035.jpg

3. roofcutter1

roofcutter1 TS Member

roofcutter1_2009_031256.jpg
    William, My name is Bob and I have been shooting a Prosoft stock for two years with not one problem. The prototype has been in a stock for five years with same results! It is by far the softest shooting recoil system on the market today, and Phil Sims is not only a great stock maker, but he ranks up at the very top as a stock fitter! If you are going to the Autumn Grand, Phil will be there with lots of stocks to demo. Hope you get a chance to shot one, you"ll be glad you did!

4. roofcutter1

roofcutter1 TS Member

Hey Dave, that's some mouth watering lumber on your Kolar!! Bob M....
    roofcutter1_2009_031257.jpg

5. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

I don't own either but have shot with both. The Pro-Soft is the best I've ever shot for reducing felt recoil!

Hap

6. bigben

bigben Active Member

Gene 303, I have shot both, and now own pat's Stock lock on MY following guns, Silver Seitz, 2 P guns, 1 K-gun, Blaser Baronesse grade, if I did not think that Pat"s Stock Lock is the best I would not have chosen it. The Leading All -American trap shooter in the world shoots Pat"s Stock Lock, Leo Harrison, the pedigree of an All-Americans Like Hall of famers like Pat and Leo speaks volumes, having shot these great men many times has been a pleasure. With pat's Stock Lock you will receive a hall of fame shooters expertise FREE! when you get fitted. incinerate em! em!

7. kgun_shooter

kgun_shooter Member

I've never shot the pro-soft but I've shot the stock-lock. It was great for singles and caps but I found that the gun jumped significantly for doubles and I had a lot of trouble on the second shot. Just my experience.

8. bigben

bigben Active Member

Kgun, next time you shoot it, just hold the gun firm as if there is NO recoil reducing system, you will be amazed! incinerate em!

9. MOUNT-1

MOUNT-1 TS Member

10. roofcutter1

roofcutter1 TS Member

11. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

What is the cost of a PRO-SOFT

What is the cost of a STOCK-LOCK

Price comparasion please

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

12. Riverrunt

Riverrunt Member

Gary,

According to Dawson Enterprises Web site a New Stock Lock is $4495.00. The last price I knew for a New ProSoft with standard wood was right around $3200.00.

John Harden

13. 7571

7571 Well-Known Member

I don't know about Phil's Pro-Stock, but, Pat's StockLock comes with a matching fore end in very,very nicely figured high grade wood.

Thank you,,,,,Tom

14. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

The last big shoot I was at, Phil was busy taking measurements (for new stocks) and Pat was busy working on exsiting stocks (they had issues). I can't say that is true 100% of the time, but it was then.

ss

15. Don Rackley

Don Rackley Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

I believe the ProSoft is a cylinder type absorber that uses a magnetic system to adjust the stoutness of the stock before moving under recoil. It can be adjusted to suit the individual shooter's preference. A simple, yet effective solution.

My memory of the Stock Lock system is that it uses a sliding collar to prevent detent balls from letting the stock move until the collar moves under recoil. The StockLock appears to be more mecanically based. My thought is more moving parts = more maintenance. I believe Leo broke top level scores without any recoil reducing stock.

Some pics of ProSoft wood is knock out, it's had to get more figure than the Kolar above.

16. Velvet Elvis

Velvet Elvis TS Member

It looks to me like Phill reverse engineered Pats design. Does Dawson Enterprise's still use Phill Sims to make his stocks?

17. MOUNT-1

MOUNT-1 TS Member

18. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

V E, no, according to patents and no.

Hap

19. roofcutter1

roofcutter1 TS Member

The Prosoft system has been in use for about four years and has never had a malfunction! It is by far the softest shooting recoil system on the market today. It will never torque away from your face when going for the hard angels, and your head always stays in the gun. The stocklock works well when it functions properly, but does have maintence problems! Here is some of Phils stock wood, and his prices do include for ends. Bob M......
    roofcutter1_2009_031258.jpg

roofcutter1_2009_031259.jpg

20. walnutmaker

walnutmaker TS Member

To All concerned, Prosoft is now being issued a patent on the unique design of the Prosoft system which is un-like any other system on the market today. And I must add the most reliable on the market today --unlike the others.

Our ever growing number of All-American shooters will attest to this FACT! At last count 16.

Keep watching for future advertisements as on the cover of Trap and Field on the February cover. We failed to get a hat to one of the other shooters--team captains-- in time for the photos. Two of the captains are Prosoft shooters!

Thanks to all our loyal shooters--See you in Tucson! Nate/Phil Simms Prosoft Recoil Systems!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
phil simms prosoft recoil system
phil simms stocks

pro soft gun stocks

pro soft gunstock
pro soft stock
pro soft stocks
prosoft gunstock
stock lock vs prosoft recoil