1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Pro-Gun Democrats

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Alpha_Three_Niner, Mar 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alpha_Three_Niner

Alpha_Three_Niner TS Member

Wow! Sixty five democrats with some level of intelligence!

2. below 0

below 0 TS Member

Unbelievable....Democrats supporting guns...The next thing you know there WILL be such a thing as Military Intelligence...lol Dale

3. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

It also might be out of fear to the NRA and maybe common sense.

Don

4. Spanky

Spanky Active Member

I would not be surprised by it but, alot of you narrow minded individuals would be suprised to know you are, and have been shooting trap, skeet, pistol, high-power and every discipline of the shooting sports going with Democrats standing besides you.

Why wouldn't they have the same interests as you or I. You were not born with that Perruzi in your hand. Shooting was something you developed a like for. ALOT of Dems developed that same likeness. Don't make them all out to want to take your (STUFF).

While surprised with the original post and named Democrats that spoke out, I'll say "hats of to them". It is appreciated (their efforts).

I know I'll probably catch BS for my thoughts/opinion but, I found out through life that all people are not the same. When you least expect something from a person(s) to offer support on an idea, they are there to help and offer good input. I just try to keep it real and try to see the whole picture.

5. Sam Ogle

Sam Ogle Member

I applaud those legislators. I have been writing my Senators, and members of the House regarding the horrid proposed HR 45; asking they simply "Kill it."
    I will wager Ben Nelson of Nebraska, who is a Democrat was one of these folks. He is a true hunter and fisherman.
    Sam Ogle

6. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

I love pro-gun Democrats - both of them!

7. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Oddly enough, my DEMOCRAT Governor owns a Beretta combo Trap gun!

A DEMOCRAT State Senator has been a driving force for better handgun carry, and self defense laws. He is also a major figure in getting major bucks to a large shooting complex in Tn.

He also shoots Sporting, and owns a high grade K-80 with a release. A great role model I respect and will vote for if he makes a run for Governor.

Spanky has it absolutely right.

I believe Big Don has got it figured out, as well. :^)

8. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

This is a breath of fresh air! Just like in everyday life there are good and bad. Here in Kentucky, our local State Rep. is a democrat. He is very fond of guns and hunting.

Matt

9. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

Although I am a true conservative; I find a lot of RINO's out there might as well be Democrat. I see that RINO Arlen Spector might run as an Independent next year. Yeh. So he can vote more easily with the Dems. Ben Campbell is 10X more conservative as his Republican counterpart Chuck Hagel. Maybe some of these Dems and the few conservative Republicans that are left can start their own party. I know I'm sure looking at the Libertarian party. Ed

10. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

Who would have ever thought that there is more to most folks than a single label can cover.

11. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Good for them...........

12. wanderer

wanderer Member

While you are having a lovefest with specific liberal politicians who are on our side, better keep in mind that they and their ilk are the ones who have put us in our present precarious position, ie., HR45, "assault gun bans", "cop killer bullets", "saturday night specials", etc. They might talk a good game while with you, but when their leader (Pelosi, Reid, Obama, or their committee chairman tells them what to vote, rest assured they will do as directed. The last politician who voted for principle, not votes, was Reagan. GEG.

13. poacherjoe

poacherjoe Well-Known Member

Is JBROOKS out of town or still in shock??Dunocraps finally looking out for the 2nd amendment!I am sure we will get some sort of response.:) LOL PJ

14. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

I only hope that Montana's senators have the strength of convictions to maintain those pro-gun positions in the face of what will I'm sure be overwhelming Democratic party pressure? I might note that Senator Baucus cast the deciding vote FOR the Brady act.......Now>>as Then, he'd just been re-elected to another 6 year term which seems to be beyond the memory span of the majority of the voters. I suspect sadly that when the time comes for the passage of new draconian gun control laws from the now completely Democratic controlled congress to be signed by the most anti-gun president in history and enforced by the equally anti-gun attourny general, that again........just enuf' of these "pro-gun Demorats" will toe the party line to squeak it thru'. I s'pect good ol' MAX will be there for his anti-gun comrades if they need him again.

John C. Saubak

Peerless, Montana

15. bocephus

bocephus Member

I wouldn't hold my breath, could be just to get us off guard once again. The sheople are already praising them.....

16. KKM

KKM TS Member

They are only afraid of an ass kicking in two years. The difference between them and us is that we would fight and some would die for our guns. They would give them up rather than fight at all.
    Kevin

17. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

KKM is right!!! These dems KNOW what their rating is right now and that the previous AWB helped the Republicans in 1994,,,,If they are TRULLY in favor of this not just CYA then GOOD FOR US!!!

18. bill1949

bill1949 Well-Known Member

Watch out after the 2012 elections. If the Dems. increase or hold their lead in the House I look for anti-gun legislation to pour out...Bill

19. Lead Man

Lead Man TS Member

Just look at their past on the NRA ratings sight. What they say now may not match what they have actually done.

20. Uncle Screech

Uncle Screech Member

Do NOT make the mistake of thinking any politician, let alone a Democrat, is really pro gun. They are all, to a one, pro getting re-elected, end of story. The moment the tide turns so will they, regardless of party.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.