1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Pro Ears

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by FNG, Mar 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FNG

FNG Member

I've been using molded ear plugs for my trapshooting and now it's time for some new ones and I just saw an ad for Pro Ears electronic muffs. Does anyone have any experience with this product ? Comments ? How do they create a seal around your ears while wearing glasses ? Thanks.

2. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

I have a set of Pro Ears electronic muffs. I like them. They do not interfere with my stock when I mount the gun and they allow me to hear the scorer while on the line. I'm sure any muff will not give a complete seal when glasses are worn. However, once adjusted I feel comfortable with them. The only problem I have is I either forget to turn them off or the on/off knobs somehow get moved to the "on" position when I place them in my shooting bag. This of course leaves you with dead batteries. And each muff takes 2 batteries and they cost $3.50 a pair. So if you leave both muffs turned on after shooting; that's $7 worth of batteries. Ed

3. plabels466

plabels466 Member

Ed got that correct - I keep them in the back of my Yukon & sometimes they shift & the knobs get accidently turned on. The batteries are expensive, but you do not notice it till you get to the range when they don't work. I hope Pro ears corrects this & is able to retro fit the older models if they do so........Pete

4. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

I have two pair, both do a great job. I never remove the batteries until they're dead and have never had a corrosion problem. I store them folded up in a bag that contains my waist bags. The ear cushions are very soft and conform to anything, including around eyeglass frames. To keep them from touching your stock just wear them a bit high.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

pro ears for trap

pro ears linear elite batteries