1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Pro Ears Hearing Protection

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by WoodsonEnt, Sep 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

Anybody tried any of the muffs by Pro Ears? Your opinion, and which model?

Matt Woodson

2. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Matt. I have the model that amplifies conversation but dims the shot. Works fine. But I still just use the rubber pulg models wiht the metal baffles. I do use the Pro Ears in the winter. I might tell you too that wearing earmuffs is a good way to eliminate some concussion from next door shooters. I bought mine at Cabelas.

3. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

I have a pair and use them in the Winter (helps keep ears warm) but I find them too hot for the Summer. I wear my ESPs in warm weather.

4. Fast Oil

Fast Oil TS Member

One of the finest electronic ear protection made. Have sold many set in our shop. For those that wear them only in cool weather, the answer to the sweating is to get Howard Leight Earmuff cushion covers.

5. JPSemper

JPSemper Member

I started using Electronic Pro Ears years ago for IPSC shooting. I still do. I also use them for trap in the winter only. Just so I can keep my ears warm. I think they are great but get awfully hot in tthe summer.

I now us molded ear plugs tied into my IPOD for summer and fall shooting.

John Semprini
    Chicago

6. Phil E

Phil E TS Member

I got a pair of Dimension-1 Pro-Slims 6 years ago. Worked well for 3-4 years, then began losing noise-blocking quality. They were expensive so I'd babied them. Sent them in just before the 5-year warranty expired, paid $30 for refurbish, they worked a few more months then slacked off again. I've replaced them with Peltor Tactical-7 Classics's, which seem better to me, and cost much less. The Tac-7's have big fat ear-cups, like the ProEarMagnums, so may not fit your face & shotgun without interfering, but are perfect for handguns. Go to Amazon.com for good prices. Phil E

7. Old Texas Marine

Old Texas Marine Member

I've used Peltor Tac-7's for close to 20 years. They are still in great shape and I use them year round, even when hunting. I am 10% VA Disabled due to my hearing loss and I protect what I have left. Sure they are hot but I can hear everything that is going on while on the line and still have 29 decibel protection.

Several friends bought Peltor 6's. Their sweat ruined the units within months. The 7's don't seem to have that issue and I have sweated them up many times over the years. I glued two thicknesses of mole skin to the right cup to protect my stock.

YMMV.

HBT

8. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

I have a pair of Pro Ears that are many years old. Sometimes one side takes a minute to come on and start up these days but they always work. This was the first model that suppressed loud noises without also clipping out the normal sounds.

9. plabels466

plabels466 Member

Batteries don't last long...The on/off switch on each side can easily be switched on if left in the trunk or your shooting bag accidently if you are not careful....But they are great for ear protection.....Pete

10. JerryP

JerryP Active Member

They use an odd size battery.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.