1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Pro and anti gun should see this video.

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Auctioneer, Mar 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

This video is of Canada's guns laws and what Obama wishes here. Please watch its worth your time.

2. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

I believe what the guy said, too bad there are so many with their heads planted real deep someplace it wasn't meant to be planted that say "Oh they won't do that the constitution protects us" Yeah right, onumbnuts thinks the constitution is just another piece of paper

3. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

This is old! Been processed already.

4. Shooting Sailor

Shooting Sailor Well-Known Member

Thankfully, we no longer have a long gun registry. All the data (except for the Quebec data) has been destroyed. The Quebec government sued the feds to keep their registry data, so they could set up a provincial registry. This is still going through the courts. There is, however, still a handgun registry, which has been in place since 1934. It was put in place as a crime fighting measure, and it hasn't worked, either.

When the long gun registry was first proposed, one of my hunting partners, who was a university professor at the time, used government figures to show that the cost estimates being used by the government for the proposed registry were WAY too low. Instead of the few million they said it would cost, he stated that it would, instead, cost at least $1 billion, if not $2 billion. He was ridiculed by the politicians, and the registry went ahead. Years later, the Auditor General released figures showing the cost at that time to be at least $1 billion, but she couldn't say that was the total, because segments of the costs had been farmed out to other government entities, and it was impossible to tell who spent how much on registry items, as the bookwork was so shoddy. The latest audited (incomplete) figures are $2 billion plus.

The registry was a failure from the start. It was massively over budget, the computer system was a dud, and crashed multiple times, losing at least 1/3 of the data, and the data going in was incorrect up to 70% of the time. I know of several cases where the registry showed the correct manufacturer, and all the rest of the data was wrong on the registration. A best estimate of compliance with requirement to register long guns was approximately 30%. This was arrived at by using government figures on import and manufacture, and how many long guns were actually registered.

Registry is a massive boondoggle, and no matter what you are told, it is there strictly to enable confiscation over the long term.

5. rebeldog1

rebeldog1 TS Member

The same thing took place in England several years ago,first there was registration,then you must keep your guns at a gun club so they cannot be stolen and used in crimes.then you don't need such powerful weapons,a 22 caliber is plenty,then outright confiscation of all guns and oh yeah,we know where they are because you followed instructions as legal gun owners.

6. Shooting Sailor

Shooting Sailor Well-Known Member

rebeldog - I don't know where you got your information on British firearms possession, but it's not quite like that. A buddy I shoot with lived in north Wales, and owned shotguns and rifles. Not only did he hunt with them, but he hunted at night, and used a moderator (silencer)on his rifles as it is considered good etiquette to not unduly bother the neighbors when hunting. I don't know if there were caliber restrictions, but he had more than one cenerfire rifle with moderator that he hunted with. All firearms were never confiscated.

Handguns were confiscated after the Dunblane shooting. Perhaps this is what you are thinking of?

7. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

All I have to say about England of today, Hitler would have won hands down and quick!!

The real people NO, but the politicians YES!!

8. Maurice

Maurice Member

Timberfaller, you really are clueless, the Brits of today are just as able to resist any potential enemy as they were 74 years ago. The present day military is not large by any means but its quality is second to none, they are probably the best trained in the world. Maurice ( The Brit. )

9. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

Thats great to hear Maurice! re-read my post again!

Who runs England, Politicians!!!

You don't have any Winston Chruchills any longer. Nor a Margert Thatcher.

Just like us here WE have no real leaders just rich politicians who want to be richer!!

Get a little thicker skin, Maurice.

10. ou.3200

ou.3200 Well-Known Member

74 years ago was 1939 just before Dunkirk in 1940. After Dunkirk the armed forces was so poorly equipped that Churchill made a plea to Roosevelt. Weapons were sent to England under lend lease and apparently from donations by U. S. citizens. Let's hope GB is more able to resist now than then.

11. Maurice

Maurice Member

ou3200, Yes the Brits lost a tremendous amount of equipment in France, but I must remind you that The Battle Of Britain was won without American help, in fact it deterred Hitler from invading Britain as he knew that without air superiority an invasion would fail. I know what I am talking about as I lived through it, we got bombed every night and on more than one occasion got strafed coming home from school. The population in Britain relly knows what War is all about unlike the general population in America who have never been exposed to their homeland being attacked. I have also seen war from the other perspective as I served in the British infantry in the Far east in the early to mis 1950's. Maurice ( The Brit. )

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.