1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Privacy laws and gun sales

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by senior smoke, Mar 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2007
    Wauwatosa Wisconsin
    In recent years the medical industry has privacy laws that their employees and company have to abide by or face very stiff penalities.

I wonder if privacy laws should also pertain to gun deals and sales. A while back a friend of mine purchased a new Perazzi. The dealer that my friend usually deals with gave him a price for the new gun which was agreed to.

A day or two later the dealer called my friend back and asked him if he wanted an upgrade on wood for $700.00 more? My friend agreed and soon received his new gun.

A week or two later another friend of the guy who purchased the Perazzi just happened to speak to the dealer that sold the Perazzi to my friends dealer and was told that upgraded wood was thrown in on my friends gun at no charge.

Needless to say the sh-- hit the fan, and the buyer feels that he was cheated by the person who sold him the gun.

Here's my take on this, the detals of this transaction should have remained private. Obviously it appears that a quick extra $700.00 was made on my friend, but this deal should have remained private.

What do you think? When you have a gun deal shouldn't the terms be private between you and the seller?
    Steve Balistreri
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.