1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Priority Mail speed is a joke

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dr.Longshot, Jun 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

I sent a letter Priority Mail w/tracking number to Minnesota, Cost was $5.30
    I sent it on 6/17/2011 it took 5 days to get there it was out for delivery today., They advertise 2-3 days, it went from lancaster to columbus to warrendale, pa to Mn. 2 days in cols, 2 days in Pa, regular 1st class mail is faster than that.

I e-mailed and complained to USPS waiting for a reply.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

2. gundog

gundog TS Member

Who cares, or an i missing the connection to shooting!!

3. hoot619

hoot619 Member

Just maybe it may have been a payment. Wanted it there fast. It wasn't. Too damn bad it wasn't going to you.!!!! Ken U

4. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

Just more proof they would be belly up if a privately run copmpany. But they have the taxpayer dollars to prop them up regardless of their performance.

5. luvtrapguns

luvtrapguns Well-Known Member

I've had pretty good luck with USPS. I had one gun case destroyed (Ljutic unhurt). Filed a claim online and had a check for the full amount of claim in my mail box in three days. Try and get a claim paid with UPS or Fed-X and you will still be whistling Dixie. Marc

6. GW22

GW22 Active Member

They don't call it "Snail Mail" for nothing.

-Gary

7. schockstrap

schockstrap Active Member

Apparently none of you have ever used Fedex ground shipping if you're complaining about priority mail... Although I am often entertained by the crazy trips my packages take in the Fedex tracking system, it usually takes over a week to get to me. I rarely see priority mail taking more than 3 days to get to me.

Fedex overnight is great, but ground service is terrible for me.

--Dan

8. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

I agree that if they say and charge you for a 2 to 3 day service they should then provide what they say and charge.

I do send things up to a friend and if I use UPS it does get there the next day. If I use USPO and use reg mail it will take 3 days. If you know where the UPS hub's are you just might be able to get things there over night.

9. Royce10

Royce10 TS Member

I mailed some shot in the flat rate boxes last Monday. Recipient has not seen them yet. 7 working days. Website says 2-3 days.

10. DB Bill

DB Bill Active Member

Minnesota ---- do you think maybe they don't live close to a Post Office? Priority Mail usually doesn't help much if you live in the boonies. Major city to major city --- 2 days no sweat.

But from No Sweat, WY to Where Are We, Wi just won't make it.

11. steveziv

steveziv Member

Hmm, Priority Mail has been my preferred shipping method for years and I don't remember them ever missing the 2-3 day window. Often times First Class is only a day behind and I opt for the savings.

UPS on the other hand, is horrible; they are slow, seem much more likely to lose or damage your package and will fight to the death to avoid paying a claim. "Brown" seems like an appropriate association for these overpaid underachievers.

12. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

When you use Priority Mail, you'll have to consider where to where.

If it's within a few hundred miles between two major cities, first class mail will be the same or even faster.

It works best when shipping couple pounds across country.

13. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

If you want 2-3 guaranteed, you have to use the courier firms,,,don't think it costs $5.30

14. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    I have no complaints about USPS Priority Mail.

15. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

Have great luck with Priority Mail. Ordered a barrel from Idaho Sunday. Was shipped Monday and it was delivered to me in Virginia today. I picked Priority Mail as an option over UPS since I knew that would take 4-5 days.

16. postmastertim

postmastertim Wheels are falling off.... TS Supporters

The Postal Service receives no tax dollars for operating expenses, and relies on the sale of postage, products and services to fund its operations.

17. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

If you guys sent the letter and it was important that it got there in the correct amount of time it probably would matter. That being said I have had the same experience at least three times this year. Priority mail has to be handled and scaned at each stop. First class does not. Therein lies the problem. First class arrives faster for 44 cents. That's my 2 cents for what it's worth. Bill

18. Ajax

Ajax Well-Known Member

I shipped a gun to a guy in South Caroline. Mailed it USPS priority from Washington State on Wednesday and he got it on Friday and shot it on Saturday. Not bad.

Ajax

19. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

Hey postmaster nice try. Who pays for the billions the post office looses each year? Or are they losing billions each quater now? If they get no taxpayer money who is bailing you out each quarter? You do realize any money the government forks over is from the taxpayer right.

20. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

South African postal service? Its 50-50 whether something sent through SA Postal Service will get there...ever.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

priority mail speed