1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Priority Mail 8th day update, went wrong direction

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Steve W, Mar 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

Here we go again (third time), one of my Priority Mail went out Monday 03/04 from CA to IN, both my receipt and the USPS tracking site show "expected delivery" Wed 03/06/13, but I just confirmed with the seller, it's not there yet (Thursday evening).

Called the USPS customer service, waited 20 minutes, they say it could be as late as Saturday 6th day delivery, and they don't have any information other then what their web site said.

This makes me look bad because the fine gentleman sent out $3600 worth of merchandise the same day I mailed the payment, and the goods is scheduled to be here tomorrow via FedEx.

Again, for half way across the country, I think Pony Express could beat that easily.

2. SKB-Eric

SKB-Eric Member

I ship a lot of vintage car parts from both ebay and a collector car oriented web site. Unless it is a very big part, I use Priority Mail. 1 in 20 packages I send ends up getting "detoured" for a few extra days in the maze of the postal system. As a credit to the post office, all have eventually made it to where they were going. One package, going from Wisconsin to Texas, took a month. When it got to Texas the guy I sent it to emailed me pictures of the labels that the post office added to the box along the way. I took the picture to my local post office and the postmaster told me the code was for Anchorage Alaska!

3. Steve W

The Priority Mail was sent from CA to IN.

This is an update: It is in Anchorage AK today.

Unbelievable .

4. 870

870 Well-Known Member

Must be something special up there in the Anchorage sorting facility for it to attract so much "lost" mail!

5. MDJ67

MDJ67 Active Member

Remember the last thread like this, all the people sticking up for the USPS. Where are they now ?? The last two Priority Mail of mine went from IL. to FL. One was to go to MN. the other CA. . I have started to use Fedex. so far it has been great !

6. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I ordered from a dealer in Texas ( I am in Idaho so should be simple) the package went to Boston, then back here. UPS regular mail is far better than priority these days. The PO is f*** up

7. SKB-Eric

SKB-Eric Member

I wonder how many people read my post and thought I was BS'ing about Alaska -- just too funny, that yours got that "vacation" too ............. :)

8. BigBadBob

BigBadBob TS Member

I use Priority Mail several ti mes a week.I have never had a problem with getting or sending. Ever.

9. Steve W

This is the update from USPS this morning, 8th day since this Priority Mail went on it's trip:

stevew_2008_0303212.jpg

10. magnumshot

magnumshot Active Member

I shipped a priority mail box to go 30 miles to the city near me. It was supposed to deliver next day, but went on a 3000 mile detour and was delivered in a week.

11. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

I'm still waiting for a Priority Package coming to me from NY... 10/2010... lost not more than 30 miles from me... lol

Jay

12. gyrine

gyrine TS Member

I am not defending the USPS. I sent a check once in a priority envelope, still hasn't got there. BUT, last friday I had a Mod. 12 barrel going from SW AZ to VA. I gave the package, a USPS triangular shipping tube that the postman brought had brought to my door 2 days before, to my wife who was going to the post office. My wife brought it back to me and said, the clerk said you can't mail in this carton. I said who told you that, the mexican clerk? She said yes. I took the package back to the post office, got a different clerk, no problem. Here is the cool part, this went out Friday afternoon and the buyer in VA got it today, Monday. Go figure. Rich

13. deercreek

deercreek Well-Known Member

I too have been screwed by USPS more than once with "wrong direction", "temporarirly lost in sort facility" and damage. On the other hand I just sent two boxes Priority Mail about 11am on Saturday from Indiana, one was delivered to PA and the other to FL, both on Monday....this kind of shows someone is working and transporting mail on Sunday.

14. noknock1

noknock1 Active Member

I have mailed approximately 19 Priority mail packages in the past couple months and had one that was delivered but 'lost.' The recipient contacted the local postmaster who spoke with the carrier. The carrier claims to have dropped the package off at the intended address but could not remember where he put the package! The carrier claims to not have put the large envelope in the mailbox, he claims that he either put it on the front porch or back porch.

Regardless, the recipient did not find the package. I felt bad for not offering insurance and refunded him his money. A lesson hard learned...

15. algebra1

algebra1 Member

Had the same problem about 4 weeks ago.Put a stop payment on a bank check.and issued a new check.The old check finally showed up 3 weeks later.Makes you wonder why you pay the extra money to have it get there slower.

16. Steve W

9 days later, the Priority Mail was delivered. Thanks to the seller's great patient, and understanding. We are good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.