1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

printer recommendations

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by tcr1146, Dec 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tcr1146

tcr1146 Well-Known Member

I would highly appreciate printer recommendations for my home use! It will not see heavy use, but I want it to work properly when I do need to print a document. What do you recommend from a quality, price and dependability standpoint!? Furthermore, can I get online or do I need to go shopping? Thanks, Tom Rhoads

2. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

From what you describe you are best off with a small laser printer (H-P, Canon, Brother...).

It will NOT print in color, but you do not need to worry about ink drying out, plus it will print thousands of pages on one cartridge drum.

A big factor to consider is not the cost of the machine, but the price of the ink... You can get machines for next to noting, only to find that you are paying through the nose in order to print when you go to replace the cartridges.

Even worse, with the ink-jet machines that sit the ink dries out and though they may be 'new' cartridges they do not work.

The cartridge drum for a laser printer will appear to cost more than the ink-jet packs, but again it will do thousands of pages where as the ink jet cartridges may do a few hundred. (mine is about to hit 7,000 pages on one drum)

3. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

I quit HP due to the cost of ink and went with Canon but it's pretty expensive too. My Canon MX870 does work well but it's a lot slower than my old HP.

4. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

Top 10 printers.

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2373165,00.asp

You may have to purchase a cord for the printer to hook up to the computer if you don't have one laying around (or you can go with a wireless hookup with the right printer).

5. X Trap 2

X Trap 2 TS Member

I am using an old Cannon Bubble Jet BJC250 and it is now 14 years old. I refill the cartridges myself as it is easy to do. I only use the black cartridge. I do have the color but are too much trouble to re fill. I have re filled mine 43 times and only had to replace the cartridge once when the print head went out. Only holds 13 ML of ink. I use this old one because it fits in my narrow space on my desk. I bought four more for spares as I thought it would break down. Well, I am still waiting for it to break down. It also does banners and envelopes and more. No...they do not sell them new anymore. Ray

6. blackfoot

blackfoot Member

Brother are the best going!

7. tcr1146

tcr1146 Well-Known Member

Thanks guys! Tom Rhoads

8. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

Wireguy and others if the cost of ink bothers you try the above website. It is the cheapest I have found and it works very well.

BTW I have Canon printers four of them.

Bob Lawless

9. Claymuncher

Claymuncher Member

3521 series HP Best Buy $49.00, Cartridges are small is the only con. It is a scanner copier printer.

CM

10. motordoctor

motordoctor Shoji Tabuchi in Branson

rhodes--hello motordoc here. I just got a brother laser off the net in refurbished for 59 dollars delivered. I also found that you can buy toner for 12 dollars to refill it. The printer is wireless and works great at home. Try ebay or amazon

11. burtona

burtona Member

I have a HP Laserjet P110 that I like. It will work either as a local printer connected to your computer or as a wireless printer you can put anywhere in range if you have a home wireless network.
    Dave

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.