1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Printed programs???

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by gordy h, May 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gordy h

gordy h Member

Why is it so hard to get a PRINTED program? I call the clubs they say try the ATA ,call them They say it's on line. I only have luck from the shooters on trap .com who are nice enough to send me theres. I shoot 4000 reg or more per
    year. from Wis. to Fla. Nev. Arz. and more. Next up is the Great Lakes Grand
    Anyone have an extea one? Butch H W6695 42nd st. New Lisbon Wi. 53950 THANKS
    To you ahead of time.

2. MTA Tom

MTA Tom Active Member

According to the MTA President, the ATA has not printed the Great Lakes Grand program yet.

3. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

RE: PRINTED program

If you mean sent by mail...

Clubs need to put the money into something else. PDF programs should be the norm for download and also posted to clubs/associations websites.

Same as club newsletters....

Also, I've done numerous snail mail mailings in the past. A pain in the butt.

4. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

To send out printed stuff you need a mailing list; to have a mailing list you need to have a way to generate one that will include everybody that might want to receive the mailing. Got any ideas for how to generate a foolproof, all-inclusive mailing list?

No matter how many mailings you send out, there are going to be people who aren't on the list and get missed. May as well just generate an email list instead and accomplish the same thing without the expense of USPS.

Keller

5. gordy h

gordy h Member

JOE and Unknown1 I'm not asking to send a printed program to ALL shooters. But when one is asked for you still have a hard time getting one.
    Butch H

6. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

BH just curious but if you have a computer you should have a printer. If that is the case print your own program they are on line and can be printed.

Bob Lawless

7. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

<blockquote><I>"I'm not asking to send a printed program to ALL shooters. But when one is asked for you still have a hard time getting one."</I></blockquote>If I've heard this once I've heard it 20 times.

Who did you ask to sent you a program? Did you find out who was responsible for that duty and ask them directly or did you simply ask a club member or another officer and hope that the request would eventually make it to the proper person? Did you provide a written copy of your mailing and email addresses when you made the request? Did you get contact info for the person you talked to?

Sometimes such requests get lost in the chaos of a busy shoot if they're not directed to the proper person, and still get forgotten sometimes when they reach the right ears. You're one guy asking for something that may not be on anyone's mind at the time; it's your responsibility to keep after it to make sure the word gets through.

Keller

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.