1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

PRINT CLUB SHOOT FLYERS????????????

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by break25, Jan 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. break25

break25 TS Member

Does anyone have a Computer program that will print Shoot flyers and then turn the flyers over and print the return and the mail to addresses.
    What we do now is have them printed and then print out sticky lables and stamp the return address, put on a postal stamp and fold in threes.

Thanks

CHAZZ

2. break25

break25 TS Member

Fine, WORD prints the flyer and the return address. But what reads the label address file to print each address on the flyer?

CHAZZ

3. Tim Lee

Tim Lee Member

CHAZZ -

Using the MailMerge function within Word, you can have it merge each recipient's address with copies of the flyer. The quantity of flyers would be determined by the number of addresses (This only works IF the flyer is laid out using Word).

If you have a PDF file or other desktop publisher where the flyer is setup, you might try this one... A trial copy of it is free: http://www.freedownloadscenter.com/Business/Printer_Tools/PrintShop_Mail_97.html

It'll take your flyer as a standalone PDF file (amongst a few other formats), and extract and print the names/addresses out of a database file (any delimited database... Excel, Access, etc).

-Tim

4. Tim Lee

Tim Lee Member

Chazz -

I forgot to mention... Regardless of whether you use MailMerge in Word, PrintShopMail, or any other addressing program, merging the addresses at the same time as the flyer being printed is only of value if:
    A.) the Addressee is on the same side as the Flyer (in the case of printing only on one side... known as an outside tri-fold... flyer info would be on the lower 2/3rds of the document, address info on the upper third) or...
    B.) if the printer you're using is capable of 2 sided printing (auto-duplexing). Flyer would be on one side, address info on the other.

Otherwise if you have a duplex requirement but only have a simplex capable printer; Just printout the number of copies of flyers that you need (single sided), flip them over (preprinted side opposite where the address side would print), then setup a MailMerge or print job using the return address as static data and the intended addressee field as the variable data. Do a Word "Help" search or Google "Word MailMerge" and you should get lots of info on how to do it.

-Tim

5. Bill Bauer

Bill Bauer TS Member

I do the ones for our club just as Devil's Advocate says. Sure beats doing the label route, which I did for a while. Still have to fold them tho. I use Word for the whole thing, once you have the addresses and labels set up just save it and your good to go on the next flyer. Bill

6. break25

break25 TS Member

THANKS

7. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

When I ran winter shoots I had a printer do it. I would make the flyer with word or MS Works, and bring it in to him. I had the mailing list on a floppy, and he did the rest, including less expensive bulk mail. He had a machine that folded and labeled, and his bulk mail and return address were printed on the back.

If I remember correctly it cost just a little more and saved a lot of menial work.

HM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

trap shoot flyers