1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Prince George Trap Range

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by pahunter1, Nov 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pahunter1

pahunter1 TS Member

I will be visiting my son at Fort Meade, Md. over the holiday. Is Prince George the closest trap range to Fort Meade? Is it open on Friday? What is the cost per round? I would like to shoot at the most 200 rounds.

2. pahunter1

pahunter1 TS Member

What is the price of there shot at Prinse George?

3. pahunter1

pahunter1 TS Member

I missed meeting rcurvy the last time I was there. She was to buy me a couple rounds. Maybe she will be there on Friday. Father and son wii both be using Rem.1100 T,s I have not shot for more than six months and my son just aslong I may need a refresher coarse. It has been along time since I road a bicycle, probably forgot how. rcuryy if you are there Friday, the old man and is navy enlisted son be be there Friday also Hope to meet you. Maybe give us a refresher course. It will likely ge in the morning.

4. luvnbearhugs1

luvnbearhugs1 TS Member

PG is charging about $4 a round if you buy individual tickets but you can buy a book of 10 tickets for $38.00, making it $3.80 a round. They are open till around 4 or 5 (I think) on Friday.

I have to work Friday otherwise I would agree to meet you out there.

Take care and thank your son for his service to our country!

Luvn

5. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

pahunter1

Shot was $42 a bag for West Coast when I was there on Sunday. $38 for a book of ten tickets, 1 round per ticket.

Prince George's County Trap and Skeet Center

10400 Good Luck Road

Glenn Dale, MD 20769

301-577-7178; TTY 301-249-4252

Open Friday-Monday, 10 am-5 pm,

Tuesday-Thursday, 10 am-8:30 pm

Prince George's County Trap and Skeet Center is a year-round, recreational

trap, skeet, and sporting clay shooting facility. General public shooting, and

league shooting in sporting clays, trap, skeet, five stand, international

bunker, and international skeet are available at this facility. Competitive

and instructional programs are offered, and the center is available for

corporate events. Shotgun rental is offered, and a retail store on-site offers

a comprehensive selection of related supplies and accessories. A teen target

shooting camp provides a safe introduction to clay target shooting for youths

ages 12 to 16. For information about days/hours of operation, programs, fees,

or facility availability for corporate functions, contact staff at the number

above.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Location/Directions - Located in Glenn Dale, adjacent to Goddard Space Flight

Center and the Beltsville Agricultural Research Center.

From the Capital Beltway (I-495), take Exit 22A to the Baltimore-Washington

Parkway. Proceed 400 yards and take Greenbelt Road exit (Route 193) east.

Continue through eight traffic lights and make a left onto Good Luck Road. We

are located .07 miles on the left.

6. lumper

lumper TS Member

Shoot the Bunker while your there ... shoot the bunker!

7. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Hey there! Let me know what time you will be at the club, and I will meet you there on Friday. I JUST got my gun back after many weeks, and it would be great to shoot with friends!!! I'm really looking forward to it. First couple of rounds for you and your son are definitely on me.

Post on here the time you would like to meet, then also email me so I can send you my cell phone number. We will get some people together to shoot...hopefully a full squad.

Quack shot? You feeling good enough?

8. lumper

lumper TS Member

Recurvy ... we gonna have to shoot sometime at PG, maybe the bunker???

9. recurvyarcher

If you want a good laugh, then I will shoot bunker with you. :)

10. lumper

lumper TS Member

Why would anyone laugh?

11. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

Devi,

I want to shoot Friday as well... I sent you an Email wondering about the marathon at Harvey's, but maybe PG would be better. Aline has to work Fri.

Let me know, I can't wait to see your shinny new Pgun!

Guy

PS:

Pahunter1,

US Navy CT Chief retired here.. would be a pleasure to meet you and your son.

12. JB Logan Co. Ohio

JB Logan Co. Ohio TS Member

Long about '92-'93 I stayed in Laurel, MD. while working at Ft. Meade. The DoD transferred a whole bunch of acreage to the MD. Dept of Nat. Resources, we cleaned up any unexploded ordnance that was left on the training ranges/woods etc. We blew up some wild stuff the Army left laying around. I just wish that I had known about the trap/skeet range so close by. We stayed in the motel right beside the horsetrack. I spent many a bored weekend hanging around the motel....Oh well.

JB=Jerry Beach 8503917

13. Baron23

Baron23 Well-Known Member

Just a heads up, reduced holiday hours at PG this Friday, 10 to 3 o the skeet and trap fields.

Cheers

14. pahunter1

pahunter1 TS Member

Thanks everybody for your post on this thread. First I want to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving. Baron23 says PG will have reduced holiday hours on Friday 10 to 3. My son and I will be there at 10 or shortly after. It is around six months since we last shot and that was at PG. I am looking forward to meeting all of you and hope to pick up a few good pointers. I will be the old man with a young buck with me and our 1100's and alot of shells. The shells are old like me, hope they fire.

15. luvnbearhugs1

luvnbearhugs1 TS Member

Recurvy,

I thought you would be in Florida this week?

Luvn

16. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

Hi Devi,

I might be able to get talked into a shoot. That is, if I can still walk by then. The Duck's going to eat a bit of Turkey on Thanksgiving and the legs may give out from the stress. If you see me there on a hand truck, you'll know why. :) If I can breathe, I can probably still shoot. Just point me in the right direction!

Quack!

17. recurvyarcher

See you guys tomorrow. Dress warm...it's gonna be COLD!!!

18. luvnbearhugs1

luvnbearhugs1 TS Member

What time is everyone talking about being at PG? They are only open until 3pm.

19. pahunter1

pahunter1 TS Member

I was told they are open from 10 to 3 Me and my son will be there around 10

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.