1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

primers

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by traplady41, Jan 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. traplady41

traplady41 TS Member

I got some fiocci primers today and would like to know if i can use them in place of winchesters.Thanks for any help.
    Linda.

2. major146

major146 Member

traplady41

I have had a little trouble getting the Fiocchi primers to seat in my shells. I think that they are metric and are just a hair larger then the Winchesters. They seam pretty reliable though, I have never had any problems with them not going off.

Terry

3. setter

setter Member

There have been several threads on this topic. One listed above. I'm using them but with a listed load in the Hodgdon manual.

4. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

Fiocchi primers are first rate. I have used several cases of them with never a misfire. They are quite similar to Winchester primers in strength, but I'd still use a published load.

5. Andy44

Andy44 Active Member

Recently tried some with Titewad powder and had more than an acceptable rate of bloopers, probably due to cold weather. Haven't had this problem with either Cheddite or Wolf primers. Go figure.

6. 7 straight

7 straight Member

works in my mec 9000 better than winchesters or rem primers, with same loads, and no difference in scores.

7. PATRICK L HOGAN

PATRICK L HOGAN TS Member

I use them in place of remington primers with titewad powder and claybuster tgt-12 copies never mis-fore or even a bluper.

Pat

8. qshot

qshot TS Member

Have had good luck with fio primers they sub. well for win 209. Charlie

9. Cold Iron

Cold Iron Active Member

Quite a few have had issues with them in the cold, myself included. At one time someone on here suggested it was just with the “dot” powders but it is all powders even E3. Consistent though and because they are I now know that all 3 barrels in my 682 combo have different backbore\forcing cone dimensions. As the temp gets colder O\U bottom squibs first, then the top and the last to go is the single.

10. tj303

tj303 Member

Had bloopers with them using STS hull, 17.5 gr clays, green dusters, 1oz but ww 209 worked fine with same load.

11. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

I am now on my 3rd case (5000/case) and have yet to have any problems. I quit using Remington primers due to their crazy raises in prices of components. I have loaded 7/8 oz, 1 oz and 1 1/8 oz loads using these primers without incident. I have used several different powders, (Promo / Red Dot and Clays) and several different wads. No problems whatsoever. I can't speak for extreme cold shooting with them; as the coldest I have used them has been 30 degrees. However, I do not store my shells in a cold environment. Ed