1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Primers, Resizing, MECs

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by mrskeet410, Aug 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

With the MEC Grabbers and 9000s, aren't we essentially resizing a hull with a live primer in place?

2. shrek

shrek Active Member

no, the resize happens in the same station as the old spent primer being removed

3. jbmi

jbmi Well-Known Member

No, The resizing takes place at station #1 on the down stroke while the old primer is being punched out. Then on station #2 the new primer is seated on the down stroke followed by the powder drop on the up stroke. At least that's the way my 9000's and Grabber works.

4. Hullchucker

Hullchucker TS Member

Does Mec make a deprimer and resizer unit that is separate from the reloader? If not are there any good used ones available? Cell # 419 302 4846. Charlie.

5. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

Duh! Of course the resizer is at the first station. I use a 650, but have a Super-sizer. I've been know to resize a loaded shell, but was never really scared to that since I was thinking the Grabbers and 9000s resized on the second station. Should have looked closer at the 9000s I see.

Now....what about resizing a loaded shell on a Super-sizer?

6. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

Check with MEC, but I believe their answer would be a simple "NO".

7. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

Charlie: MEC used to make one years ago. I kept mine from the early eighties and glad I did. It comes in handy when cutting mistakes apart and punching primers back out. And no, I have never had one go off in twenty plus years. Sometimes you can catch one on e-bay but they fetch a pretty fair price.

8. chrisg

chrisg Member

I have a stand alone case conditioner that resizes and deprimes if anyone is interested. It is a 12 gauge and is in excellent condition, just a little dusty from sitting on the shelf, no rust at all. I would take $40 for it plus shipping from 61883.
    chris g.
    email me if interested

9. omgb

omgb Well-Known Member

I have one too, it's a Lachmiller unit. It deprimes and resizes. I'd take $30.0 pluss shipping for it.

10. RLC323

RLC323 Member

Back years ago that Lachmiller unit was top dog. It would even sometimes peel a sliver of brass off the old Remington RXP hulls if they had not been run through before. Really did a good job of pressing the brass into shape.

11. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

the MEC case conditioners, when they do come up on ebay. Run 50.00 +. Look hard enough and you can find deal. I have always loaded new hulls fired from my gun. I recently came into several 1000 STS 12 and 20 g hulls. Found the case conditioners here on TS. I will weed through the hulls resize the good and chuck the bad.

12. chrisg

chrisg Member

I am not sure what kind it is, it kind of looks like a MEC but I can't find any name or number on it. It is made of all steel and is very heavy duty.
    c.g.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.