1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

primers noble sport Compar To Win.

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Jim e, Feb 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jim e

Jim e TS Member

What Is The Primer Noble Sport Rating With The Others?

2. Jim e

Jim e TS Member

Is It Hotter Or Cooler? I Know Its Cheper

3. Kerry

Kerry TS Member

They are similar to Winchester 209s, but they are larger and you can never go back.

4. Jim e

Jim e TS Member

can You Use Them In Place Of Win. Primers?

5. alfermann66

alfermann66 Member

They are a little hotter than Win209 and somewhat larger in dia., but I used them with Win. data as long as it wasn't a top of the pressure range load.

Buz

6. smokeater6844

smokeater6844 Member

Jim

I was told by the "Ask the Experts" at Aliant that Nobles could be substituted for a particular load. I would not take it for granted that they will work as a substitute every time though. If you go to Aliant's site or Hodgdon and ask about a load they will tell you if it is safe. A lot of guys sub at the drop of a hat and come out OK but, I don't like having my face that close to a shell that I'm not sure of when it goes off. They are larger and there's a good chance a winchester or Fed will fall out if used after a Noble in a hull.

Brian "Robbie's Dad"

7. Jim e

Jim e TS Member

I Hope They Are Not As Hot As Fed.

8. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

At one time, Hodgdon said they were able to be substituted safely. I have not seen that statement in the latest data. If you keep the pressures low, you are probably OK. I would ask the powder manufacturer about the particular load and go from there. At least drop the powder a half grain or so and stay away from the higher pressure loads. The Nobel Sport is also a larger diameter and will stretch the primer pockets out so a standard sized primer may not fit properly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.