1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Primers in gun clubs

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by IDAHOFARMER, May 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IDAHOFARMER

IDAHOFARMER TS Member

Has anyone experienced problems with CCI primers being too loose in Remington gun club shells? I've had some so loose that fall out while in the press

2. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

No, in fact I sometimes have trouble getting them to seat flat... just now loaded 500 with no problems.

I'm assuming that you know the history of the hulls? Rio primers look like CCI primers from the outside and if the hulls might have been previously loaded with Rio primers, the CCI primers would fall out.

MK

3. dverna

dverna Active Member

ID

I had that happen with GC's that had been loaded with Fiocchi's first and Winchesters second. Some of the Winchesters fall out.

Don Verna

4. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

Posts at another website discussion stated that some Gun Clubs have been loaded by Remington with imported primers. I have no way of knowing if that is true, but considering the recent primer shortage it seems to have some plausibility.

5. Unknown1

...but until it can be substantiated by someone who actually knows, its just another wild speculation.

MK

6. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Don't CCI's mic. at closer to 220?

7. Unknown1

<UL><LI>CCI are .241"-.242" in diameter<LI>Remingtons are about .001" smaller<LI>Rios are about .004" bigger.</ul>

MK

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.