1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Primer tray/track problem PW800

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by neofight, Aug 17, 2013.

1. neofight

neofight TS Member

Apr 1, 2010
    This has likely been covered many times, but a search turned up nothing in the way of a simple fix, at least that I could find. My PW 800 primer track broke away from the tray after three years of flexing with every pull of the handle. I ordered and installed a new one, adjusted it as best I could in order to reduce the amount of flexing, but knew it would just be a matter of time before it breaks again. Metal being metal, will only flex so much.

I though that if the entire track and tray would move together as a unit, it might just eliminate the breaking or at least extend the life of the unit. I loosened the two screws that support the tray to the frame, gently bended the track in order to align the slots in the tray mounting tab with the two screw holes, installed the screws with a dab of blue Loctite, but leaving them loose enough to allow the tray and track to move as a unit.A dab of light grease was applied to the slot area.

I have loaded only about 20 plus boxes since this mod, paying close attention to the movement of the track and tray. So far, all is well with the tray and track moving as a unit, no flexing or binding of any kind and the primers continue to feed properly. I just wanted to share what I found. Thanks for reading.

John Bloom
  2. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Jan 29, 1998
    Thousand Oaks Ca
    You could take the old primer tray to a body shop and ask them to retack the track to the tray. It isnt a big deal too do.then yould have a back up..
  3. WesleyB

WesleyB Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Thanks John nice idea !!