1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Primer size question???

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by Mr. Pump Gun, Jan 4, 2017.

1. Mr. Pump Gun

Mr. Pump Gun Active Member

I recently saw a chart that said the Winchester primers run smaller then the Remington ,so I was wondering if size would be a problem when swapping STS primers for Winchester primers( yes I'm using published loads and a scale). I'm using GC hulls with 16.5 grains of tightwad and 1 1/8 in a Fig. 8 wad. Any help is greatly appreciated. God Bless and Happy New Year!

2. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

No problem. HMB

Mr. Pump Gun thanked this.
  3. jmac_cope

jmac_cope Well-Known Member

Pump Gun
    I've loaded thousands of Gun Clubs with Win primers. I've never had a problem.

Same to you for the good wishes

John

4. waverider

waverider Well-Known Member

Remington 209P(STS) primers are shorter than Winchester 209. Loading Rem 209P(STS) in Remington hulls is no problem. If you load any thing else in Remington hulls; you MAY run into problems like the primer not seating all the way in. This is because sometimes there is some plastic that rolls over the top of the original Rem primer. The plastic stops the taller primers from seating all the way. Those that do not have any problems have their press set up to force the primer home.

Jason

5. smokintom

smokintom Well-Known Member

primer size.jpg

6. Mr. Pump Gun

Mr. Pump Gun Active Member

Yes, this is the chart I should have specified I meant measurement A and was wondering if it would make a difference. God Bless and Happy New Year!